The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got an email that I failed my additional information for Government Social Research. I feel distraught, it was the only option I passed the video interview for. Worst part is, I have a Human Geography Degree, with a huge focus on social research. I dont even know how that is possible. Oh well. Its been a ride guys. Gl.
Anyone Newcastle AC this afternoon? :smile:
Guys, I submitted my additional info for one of my streams. I entered the modules fine on the box we were supposed to enter it. But when I sumbitted it, it all looks jumbled up with no commas and I'm not sure if its going to make sense.
Original post by H.a.hx
Guys, I submitted my additional info for one of my streams. I entered the modules fine on the box we were supposed to enter it. But when I sumbitted it, it all looks jumbled up with no commas and I'm not sure if its going to make sense.

Don't worry - happened to everyone! Might not jumbled on their side :smile:
found out today i failed social research at sifting stage (submitted additional info last week) - does anyone know why this would be? i have 2:1 which is requirement so wondering if they thought my history degree wasn't suited enough?
Just got an email to say I'm through for Generalist with an 11.53
So happy and so grateful to have found this thread at the beginning of this process. Good luck to everyone else still waiting. I'll keep lurking here for a while I expect
Does anyone know right now what score you need to be considered for generalist? I passed for social research and would like to keep my options open in case that didn't go well, and generalist is my second option.
Original post by francescagu
Does anyone know right now what score you need to be considered for generalist? I passed for social research and would like to keep my options open in case that didn't go well, and generalist is my second option.

So far it seems to be any score above 11. I'm sure the band will be narrowed further, but it just depends of how many people get the above 11 score I guess.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by paprikafish
Just got an email to say I'm through for Generalist with an 11.53
So happy and so grateful to have found this thread at the beginning of this process. Good luck to everyone else still waiting. I'll keep lurking here for a while I expect

Congratulations! When did you do your FSAC? And, did you find out via email or by checking the portal? Did my FSAC yesterday morning so I'm sitting refreshing away like a wally, never been so nervous, which would be typical for me to not hear until January!
I sat my assessment centre for Generalist on Tuesday and just got offered it! Scored 11 (I struggled with analysis, got the calculations wrong too and scored over 0.5 higher on some of the others so quite lucky!)

Quite shocked but shows there's hope guys!
Original post by InvictusXI
Congratulations! When did you do your FSAC? And, did you find out via email or by checking the portal? Did my FSAC yesterday morning so I'm sitting refreshing away like a wally, never been so nervous, which would be typical for me to not hear until January!

I did my FSAC on Tuesday 21st Nov PM in London and people told me it seems if you've got the current pass score then you hear around 2-3 working days after. Today was day 2 for me.
(Generalist 11.53)

Also 'refreshing away like a wally' made me laugh in the real world. Haven't heard the word wally in ages
Original post by elsann
I sat my assessment centre for Generalist on Tuesday and just got offered it! Scored 11 (I struggled with analysis, got the calculations wrong too and scored over 0.5 higher on some of the others so quite lucky!)

Quite shocked but shows there's hope guys!

Congratulations!! How did you think the rest of it went? I feel I did well at analysis, flopped the leadership and average at the group exercise, although my option was chosen, so fingers crossed if you feel you hadn't got it then I'm in the same bracket!
Do you think there's any hope I will secure my second choice of generalist with 10.82? I am just so scared that if i don't pass the final assessment for social research I'll be unemployed :biggrin: also any idea how these final assessments work??
Well done everyone by the way!!
Original post by francescagu
Do you think there's any hope I will secure my second choice of generalist with 10.82? I am just so scared that if i don't pass the final assessment for social research I'll be unemployed :biggrin: also any idea how these final assessments work??
Well done everyone by the way!!

looking at pass scores from last year, I think you have a good chance! Unless there is just loads of people who get really high scores! Haha.
Update as more scores continue to trickle through. Congratulations everyone who is hearing good news. Insanely jealous of all the Generalists and kicking myself for not getting a score above 11!

Successful - unclear if for all schemes or just first preference
Latc22 - 12.75 - PD, Generalist, HOP
fafsafa 12.65 HR
jrm12 - 12.64 - Diplomatic
TokoyoJCB - 12.24 PD
S.P.Q.R 12.19 Diplomatic, Generalist
JackTaylor69 - 12.18 - Generalist
Res.360 - 11.99 Generalist
Gomla 11.94 DipEcon
SamanthaPT 11.87 - Communications
Sophalina1997 -11.84 - GES
Rabbitbunny200 - 11.74 - Generalist
fl17670 - 11.62 Generalist
nadster 11.59 - GES
paprikafish 11.53 - Generalist
lcvvcl -11.4 - PD, Generalist
Arabidopsis - 11.4 - Generalist
Scamander101 - 11.4 - Generalist
tc199522 - 11.39 - Generalist
Chris741711 - 11.36 - Generalist, HR
Smeets16 - 11.27 - PD, Generalist, Commercial
ShannonLeics - 11.26 - PD
Squatly - 11.25 Generalist
Zimmerman22 11.16 DDaT, Generalist
fitzgeraldr - 11.15 - HR
Ichithekiller - 11.09 Generalist
Arsh123 11.06 DDaT, PD, Generalist
Elsann 11.00 - Generalist
rayofrain 10.96 GES
francescagu 10.82 SR, Generalist
EvanJackPenn 10.78 GORS
King Hotpie 10.66 - GORS
Exeter7890 10.54 GES
Pandora50 10.47 - GSR
Green_james - 10.4 DipEcon, DDaT
Mccrae01 10.2 - GSS
Subturfuge 10.08 GES, GSS
Squad1 10.07 DipEcon, amber-banded for Generalist, PD, Finance

Unsuccessful
Marfyy - 9.75 (scored less than 2 in a competency) - DDaT, Finance
Darkwillow - 8.81 - GSS
Rara2 - 8.5 - Diplomatic, PD, Generalist
Also just realised I did my FSAC a month ago today :frown: told myself at the time to allow a month to hear and any earlier would be a bonus! Looks like i was too optimistic! The pitfalls of doing the FSAC early in the process :frown:
Original post by InvictusXI
Congratulations!! How did you think the rest of it went? I feel I did well at analysis, flopped the leadership and average at the group exercise, although my option was chosen, so fingers crossed if you feel you hadn't got it then I'm in the same bracket!

Good luck! My analysis task really was awful and my assessment highlights that; but I tried to use data in the group to make up for it so I wouldn't worry about tasks too much. I thought Group went well and Leadership quite poorly. I think it's easy to be a harsh critic on the leadership one and I found the marking quite generous on that. Best of luck!
Original post by paprikafish
I did my FSAC on Tuesday 21st Nov PM in London and people told me it seems if you've got the current pass score then you hear around 2-3 working days after. Today was day 2 for me.
(Generalist 11.53)

Also 'refreshing away like a wally' made me laugh in the real world. Haven't heard the word wally in ages

Ooh so it is a quick turnaround. I'll keep an eye out, I'm way too impatient for this waiting game. Fully expect I've failed, so I would rather get a quick email with some feedback, than wait weeks and build up the expectation.

Ha, it was either that or use a word to describe a phallic shaped object!
Original post by elsann
Good luck! My analysis task really was awful and my assessment highlights that; but I tried to use data in the group to make up for it so I wouldn't worry about tasks too much. I thought Group went well and Leadership quite poorly. I think it's easy to be a harsh critic on the leadership one and I found the marking quite generous on that. Best of luck!

Thank you :smile: Luckily, most of the people I spoke to at the FSAC were all in the same bracket of feeling awful about their performance up until after the group exercise where a few were a little more optimistic, so I guess we're all just very self-critical. I suppose as well in the real world you'd have a lot more than 25 minutes to prefer for the exercise in the leadership and the questioning, so I doubt anyone had a particularly exceptional performance. Alas, I still believe I have an "unsuccessful" email heading my way.

Exciting times for you though, you made it into the top 2%!
Finally got my date for the FSAC, 18th December so still quite a wait. Through for generalist, just been sifted out of Social Research at extra information (not hugely surprising as my degrees are only tenuously related at best).

Latest

Trending

Trending