The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shannon_leics
For anyone that’s passed the FSAC for PD, how long did it take for you to be given a date for the FSB?

Took a week to hear back about my FSB date :smile:
Original post by vnnvbxl
I finally got my video interview results! Passed for Diplomatic, Generalist and Social Research (1st, 2nd and 4th choices), failed for HoP at online tests. I'm so happy! I really want either Diplomatic or Generalist, can't wait to get extra info submitted so I get my FSAC date :smile:

Anyone still waiting on video interview results, I did mine 2 weeks ago exactly.

I'm still waiting and did mine over 3 weeks ago now :frown: I have absolutely no clue how they are releasing the results now, seems very strange, and agonising.
Original post by Isobeljones1
I'm still waiting and did mine over 3 weeks ago now :frown: I have absolutely no clue how they are releasing the results now, seems very strange, and agonising.

Hey Isobel, my theory is each scheme will have its own assessors, and perhaps some schemes are slower at marking the interviews because they have more applicants to get through/they are on holiday for a bit/something similar. It is humans marking this stage so it could be a lot of factors. Anyway I hope you hear soon. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by ljsp
Hey guys, I'm wondering how to go about a complicated travel booking!
I'm currently living in Madrid so will need to fly to London and stay in a hotel the night before my AC on Friday 8th Dec AM, however I kind of want to make a weekend of it and go and stay with my parents for the weekend... and use the free flights for this !
But I'm not sure how to go about booking, it would mean two different airports as my parents don't live too near London, and the flights would be 3 days apart - do you think if I request this the people making the booking will reject it as they're like paying for a 3 day trip? Or should I just go ahead and book my own flights and hotel and hope they reimburse me?

You should check the assessment centre guide (pages 19/20). Unless you've been told otherwise, they don't reimburse flights from abroad.
Original post by Mawile
Ugh, I'm going to do the same then, as I sent mine this time last week and haven't had a reply. Did you email Parity or the Cabinet Office travel booking email address we were given?

edit: I just sent my travel booking form to them again and put (duplicate) in the subject along with the week commencing info, then explained in the email that I sent it last week and haven't heard anything back. Hopefully that'll work!

Hey sorry I just seen this now but yeah I emailed parity and they forwarded it to the cabinet office travelling email address. I didn’t get any reply back today but hopefully I’ll get a reply in the next few days or I’ll need to email back again!
Hey guys

Literally haven't used TSR since I applied for uni hahaha but having been a long time lurker on this thread I felt like I should finally contribute!

I sat my FSAC on Friday afternoon in Newcastle.

With diplomatic being my first choice, I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of anyone being invited to a FSB for this scheme yet?

Not sure if I should freak out about being amber banded yet...
Hi guys,

Quick update: Failed at the video interview stage for generalist and diplomatic, but passed for PD! Submitted my additional information at 1am (don't ask), got an email around 11am confirming my FSAC!

I'm in a bit of a dilemma though. The reason why I applied for PD is primarily because a) it sounds incredibly interesting because of the opportunity to work on projects across any government department and b) it'll be a great opportunity to learn some technical skills through no doubt some challenging work. But, I've actually never actually led a *significant* project myself. Am I putting myself at a disadvantage?
Reply 4507
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have the refund form for FSAC expenses please?

Cheers!
Original post by IIXIXV
Hi guys,

Quick update: Failed at the video interview stage for generalist and diplomatic, but passed for PD! Submitted my additional information at 1am (don't ask), got an email around 11am confirming my FSAC!

I'm in a bit of a dilemma though. The reason why I applied for PD is primarily because a) it sounds incredibly interesting because of the opportunity to work on projects across any government department and b) it'll be a great opportunity to learn some technical skills through no doubt some challenging work. But, I've actually never actually led a *significant* project myself. Am I putting myself at a disadvantage?

You don't need any "significant" experience.. Fast Streams are all about teaching you what you need to do know. They're looking for aptitude and motivation. The scheme(s) will give you the experience and technical knowledge where a scheme doesn't require a specific degree.
Original post by Irlandaise
Hey guys

Literally haven't used TSR since I applied for uni hahaha but having been a long time lurker on this thread I felt like I should finally contribute!

I sat my FSAC on Friday afternoon in Newcastle.

With diplomatic being my first choice, I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of anyone being invited to a FSB for this scheme yet?

Not sure if I should freak out about being amber banded yet...

Hey, we haven't seen any diplomatic FSBs yet. I asked Parity a week ago and they said only the very high pass mark had been set which should be adjusted in the next couple of weeks! Hopefully soon! Better to be amber-banded then immediately failed though. :smile:
Original post by LeicesterFresher14
Hey, we haven't seen any diplomatic FSBs yet. I asked Parity a week ago and they said only the very high pass mark had been set which should be adjusted in the next couple of weeks! Hopefully soon! Better to be amber-banded then immediately failed though. :smile:

Thank you!

That’s very true - praying I’ve done enough to get through as I can’t actually think of anything else I’d rather do!

Already pre-emptively deciding that if I don’t get though I’m going to reapply next year!

When did you sit your FSAC?
Anyone at FSAC in Newcastle tomorrow morning?
Original post by wd87
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have the refund form for FSAC expenses please?

Cheers!

There is a hotlink to it in the FSAC guide in the Expenses section - click on that and it'll open!
Original post by Irlandaise
Thank you!

That’s very true - praying I’ve done enough to get through as I can’t actually think of anything else I’d rather do!

Already pre-emptively deciding that if I don’t get though I’m going to reapply next year!

When did you sit your FSAC?

Same! It's the dream job! I applied last year and didn't get past the video interview so reapplied this year. It's been 5 weeks since my FSAC! Was one of the first ones though so not an unexpected wait!
Anyone have any advice for the leadership exercise? It's the one I'm most nervous about. Are you supposed to just talk about in your briefing how you want to achieve the aims of the project?
Original post by dan.ashley
Anyone have any advice for the leadership exercise? It's the one I'm most nervous about. Are you supposed to just talk about in your briefing how you want to achieve the aims of the project?

Don't worry about the leadership exercise, they give you all the info and guidelines you need on the day. Everybody I did the FSAC said it was the one they worried about the most beforehand and it ended up being the best/most enjoyable after.
Original post by Latc22
Don't worry about the leadership exercise, they give you all the info and guidelines you need on the day. Everybody I did the FSAC said it was the one they worried about the most beforehand and it ended up being the best/most enjoyable after.

Thankyou that has made me feel slightly better :smile: my FSAC is this afternoon in Newcastle
Would you guys suggest arriving to the AC early? (mine is in the afternoon)
It looks as though final video interview marks have been set. Is anyone still waiting for their video interview result ?
Ah man, this waiting is the worst - through to fsac for generalist and social research after 3 weeks waiting on video interview results, submitted my extra information for Social Research a few days later, now been waiting another week already without hearing what my date for the fsac will be, or if i'm sifted for SR

Latest

Trending

Trending