Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whats the deal with training providers? Watch

Announcements

Is there some kind of agenda among them and job centre.

Do they make money if they have you as a "student" make you sign up- but you get nothing out of it.

I was nearly forced into an interview, even though I have my GCSEs, they said I had no proof, so I would have to do functional skills maths and English (we were made to do the maths one, three of them actually, I think are school got money) but I didn't have the certificates, they had my NI number and I know they could've used that to find out cuz they did last time.

Oh and last time I decided not to do an apprenticeship with them because the employees were practically kids, the whole place was unprofessional and non the equipment would work properly.

I know that all training providers aren't like that, it just that my sister had a hard time and I have read and watched alot of thing about training providers and apprenticeships
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they do get paid for having you as a student.

The more they cut corners, the bigger their profit margins, however if they're poor, they'll stop getting customers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.