The Student Room Group

Edexcel B3 unofficial markscheme 19th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jayrx
What was the answer for the ADH multiple choice question?

I cant remember which option it was in terms of the letters but i crossed the one that saidincreases permeability to water and decrease urine production
Original post by stephen1011
Nope, a "boy" - it's a 3 marker question and they gave you what allele to use. The first mark is for correctly drawing the square. The second mark is for correctly identifing that the proberbility is out of the boy section. The third mark is for you correctly stating that out of the 2 boys who have a 50% chance of being born; given that they are a boy (as stated in the question), the chance of them inheriting the disease is out of those boys - 1/2 = 50%

You are in denial.
Original post by Zaki1039
I cant remember which option it was in terms of the letters but i crossed the one that saidincreases permeability to water and decrease urine production

Yeah, I put the first option A, ADH increases permeability, urine decreases
Original post by Txhmid
it's 24
it said both groups
8000 in both groups
it told us how many people in both groups contracted HIV
we work out the difference between the amount of people who contracted HIV

Yeah that's right
For the question on how flowering can be prevented in sugar cane crops was the answer expose it to light since its a short day plant so the protein will be inactive??
it was a badly phrased question, we should conclude the answer is either 25% or 50%.
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone remember anymore questions that I can add to the mark scheme?
Original post by apk1
it was a badly phrased question, however, from the mark scheme found from 2014 paper it says it's 50% for a male haemophiliac. If it asked for the child being a haemophiliac, I think 25% would be right. we should conclude the answer is either 25% or 50%.

That does not say it's 50% for a haemophiliac male, it says 50% of males have haemophilia which is a completely different thing. The probability of having a boy in the first place was 50% and then 50% of the boys had haemophilia so all together it's 25%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending