Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel B3 unofficial markscheme 19th June 2017 Watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got?
    55+
    8.65%
    47-54
    36.84%
    39-46
    33.08%
    30-38
    15.04%
    22-29
    4.51%
    Under 22
    1.88%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zainyg)
    what was the 3 mark calculation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jashab14)
    Everyone in my school got 24 but to be honest, they didn't make it clear as to whether the 0.925% and 0.625% was of the entire 16,000 or out of the two 8,000 groups
    IT LITERALLY SAYS "Split equally"

ReputationRep:
    Here is the long awaited markscheme. I think the grade boundaries will be pretty low but overall I think personally I did okay – Please remember you can bring up your grade with the other exams and don’t worry if you get wrong answers! Feel free to add to the markscheme below as I can’t remember all the questions. Good luck!

1a. Species 1 because the nectar is at the top

1b. Option D

1c. Co-evolution: As one species evolves the other devolves so moth becomes deformed so its proboscis shrinks so co-evolution benefits the orchid, not the moth

2a. Dominant allele = Male Recessive allele = Female OR Isotope monitor

Classical conditioning

Put a flag in front of horse to habituate it

38 HIV

Vegetarian cheese à use restriction enzyme to combine milk together to make it yellow and clot to form cheese and then put it into a fermenter

Lactose free-milk à Normal milk + sieve + barium nitrate, so lactose is extracted. Include conditions of pH, temperature and contamination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia2442)
    What did people get for the punnett square question?
    50% is the correct answer, as we are assuming that the sex was male, the chance of inheritence is 50% rather than 25%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd897)
    Here is the long awaited markscheme. I think the grade boundaries will be pretty low but overall I think personally I did okay – Please remember you can bring up your grade with the other exams and don’t worry if you get wrong answers! Feel free to add to the markscheme below as I can’t remember all the questions. Good luck!

1b. Option D

1c. Co-evolution: As one species evolves the other devolves so moth becomes deformed so its proboscis shrinks so co-evolution benefits the orchid, not the moth

Classical conditioning

38 HIV

Vegetarian cheese à use restriction enzyme to combine milk together to make it yellow and clot to form cheese and then put it into a fermenter

Lactose free-milk à Normal milk + sieve + barium nitrate, so lactose is extracted. Include conditions of pH, temperature and contamination
    for 1a, you mean species 2, as they have a longer beak, so they can reach the the necter
    And its not "classical conditioning"; it's operant..
    "Put a flag in front of horse to habituate it " - JUST NO
    "Dominant allele = Male Recessive allele = Female OR Isotope monitor" - nope, If sperm = X, then female; if sperm = Y, then male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd897)

1b. Option D

Classical conditioning

38 HIV

wasnt the nectar at the bottom and the conditioning was operant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 205live)
    wasnt the nectar at the bottom and the conditioning was operant
    That is what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd897)
    Here is the long awaited markscheme. I think the grade boundaries will be pretty low but overall I think personally I did okay – Please remember you can bring up your grade with the other exams and don’t worry if you get wrong answers! Feel free to add to the markscheme below as

I can’t remember all the questions. Good luck!

1b. Option D

Classical conditioning

38 HIV

It was option C wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fernbank2016)
    Yeh, that markscheme is full of BS, don't trust it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schoolstudent01)
    I got 48 people

I used the total to work out the percentage of the total and got 100 or one and 148 for the other. 148-100= 48

Did anyone else do this?
    this is exactly what I did, I don't understand which other way there is?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astralnerd)
    this is exactly what I did, I don't understand which other way there is?!
    mate, it says the expirement is split in half between 16000 people; so its 8000 each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leena480)
    I got 48 too to be honest, but my friends said that the 16000 people were divided into 2 groups, anyways I think they might just cut 1 mark for not dividing by 2.
    I thought the percentage of people that still had HIV was out of the 16000, but people say it was 0.625% of group 1 and 0.925% of group 2 but not sure...

ReputationRep:
    8000*0.925%=74
    8000*0.625%=50
    74-50=24
    It's 24 b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephen1011)
    50% is the correct answer, as we are assuming that the sex was male, the chance of inheritence is 50% rather than 25%.
    it was just out of the entire punnet square not just male offspring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fernbank2016)
    Nope the nectar was deep in the plant the pollen was at the top its species 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bartholemew)
    No because the pollen is at the top so both moths will still try but only one will get the nectar but both can pollinate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bartholemew)
    It was option C, the multiple choice question as about pollen. Both hawk moths could get the pollen but only one could get the nectar

ReputationRep:
    are you sure because I put 25%, others are saying 50%
    (Original post by MIKESPIKE10)
    it was just out of the entire punnet square not just male offspring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd897)

1b. Option D

Classical conditioning

38 HIV

Honestly don't think I've seen a *****er marks scheme in all my days

ReputationRep:
    That mark scheme isn't good... I'm pretty sure it was option 2 for the first one and C for the first multiple choice, and both parties benefit in co evolution, there was a 1 marker on how the moth benefits wasn't there?

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.