Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Gender prize money gap narrowing! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Its Women's Sports Week 2017, and the BBC have just said that the gap between sports prizes between men and women has decreased. Still a big disparity in many sports though, I'm looking at you football.

Do you think this is a great sign? Or is it progress not moving fast enough?

I know exposure for some sports is different so advertisers might not turn up for women, we gotta change this, don't you think?

BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/40299469

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see the issue with the gap, if more people watch men's sports then there is going to be more money there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer1311)
    Its Women's Sports Week 2017, and the BBC have just said that the gap between sports prizes between men and women has decreased. Still a big disparity in many sports though, I'm looking at you football.

Do you think this is a great sign? Or is it progress not moving fast enough?

I know exposure for some sports is different so advertisers might not turn up for women, we gotta change this, don't you think?

BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/40299469
    why isn't there men's sports week? of course, its sexist. that's feminism for you!

ReputationRep:
    Less people want to watch female sports as women are physically weaker and worse at all sports than men apart from fine motor skill sports. There is less money in female sports as less people want to see it.

ReputationRep:
    Supply and demand, the amount of money invested into a sport is directly reflected by the amount of interest the public expresses in said sport.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.