Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

She's going on holiday and I can't help but worry? Watch

My girlfriend is going on holiday with her gay friend (male) and I'm really anxious.
    We're an ideal couple at the moment, share a lot, really intimate, I've met some of her friends, our families know about us etc. Generally enjoy each other's company.

The reason I'm anxious is because I was cheated on in my last relationship when she went on holiday, and my current girlfriend is absolutely stunning - guaranteed to draw attention. Whilst I trust her and believe she is a girl with good morals and is really into me, I thought this about my last relationship and i turned out to be wrong, which has started my apprehension.

I haven't and will not mention these fears to her, she's aware i was cheated on whilst holiday anyway and I do not wish to make her feel bad, I want her to go away and enjoy herself.

What can I do to help myself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend is going on holiday with her gay friend (male) and I'm really anxious.
    We're an ideal couple at the moment, share a lot, really intimate, I've met some of her friends, our families know about us etc. Generally enjoy each other's company.

The reason I'm anxious is because I was cheated on in my last relationship when she went on holiday, and my current girlfriend is absolutely stunning - guaranteed to draw attention. Whilst I trust her and believe she is a girl with good morals and is really into me, I thought this about my last relationship and i turned out to be wrong, which has started my apprehension.

I haven't and will not mention these fears to her, she's aware i was cheated on whilst holiday anyway and I do not wish to make her feel bad, I want her to go away and enjoy herself.

It's ok to feel anxious but just because this happened in your last relationship, it doesn't mean it will happen this time.

ReputationRep:
    We're an ideal couple at the moment, share a lot, really intimate,
    Apart from the fact that you don't fully trust her, that is...

ReputationRep:

You can't do anything about it. If she wants to cheat, she will. She can do it anywhere. She doesn't need to go on holiday to cheat.

(Original post by Reality Check)
    Apart from the fact that you don't fully trust her, that is...
    As it states in the rest of the paragraph, my last experience of this, I thought we were in love, we'd talked about marriage and all sorts and then this happened. I think it's pretty reasonable to be apprehensive since this is the first time I've experienced this situation since then.

ReputationRep:
    ... we'd talked about marriage and all sorts and then this happened. I think it's pretty reasonable to be apprehensive since this is the first time I've experienced this situation since then.
    What happened? That she decided to go on holiday with her friend...?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Make sure she has H.I.V., full S.T.D. and Hepatitis tests when she gets back.

Don' have sex for a minimum six month quarantine period without condoms.

Get her to take a lie detector test.

Then share the results on the Jeremy Kyle show with her gay friend and family present.

Simples.

ReputationRep:

I can understand that you don't want to but i think you need to talk to her about it. If you two are a really strong couple then she will want to know if you are uncomfortable If will also explane your behavior when she is away because you are likely to not sound like yourself if she calls you or you call her. I can promise you not all girls are like that but i really would let her know about your concerns, you'll feel better for it and discussing things always makes it easier

(Original post by Reality Check)
    What happened? That she decided to go on holiday with her friend...?
    Nope that was my ex I was referring to, we discussed that and then she went off and cheated on me.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't much which is going to help. Logically you probably know that just cos it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again and logically you also know that worrying won't stop her cheating if she wanted to. But it's hard to switch off the worry. Just try and keep busy - if you get through this holiday the next one will feel much easier and over time you'll be more and more comfortable that she isn't your ex.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.