Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've been applying to various companies for my placement year and am yet to get any response from anywhere. My CV is really bad with no job experience and a former college dropout but my grades at uni are quite good. Anyone have any tips on how I manage a placement?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by abmufc1010)
    I've been applying to various companies for my placement year and am yet to get any response from anywhere. My CV is really bad with no job experience and a former college dropout but my grades at uni are quite good. Anyone have any tips on how I manage a placement?
    Go to careers and improve your CV plus covering letter.
    Target your applications.
    Expand your search.
    Talk to the placement officer or your tutor.
    Know how to sell yourself by understanding what they want and then tell them you have it..

If you dont have work experience then emphasise key skills you have and they could use.

Once you have improved every aspect and including interviews then you just need to put in the hours.

How many applications have you made? Are you targeting?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.