Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

predicted grades on TC applications? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I achieved 62% average in first year, and 66% average in second year. I'm aiming for a first in third year which is 75% of the overall grade (second year is 25%). Should I put predicted first or 2:1?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What did your tutor suggest you should achieve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralph105)
    I achieved 62% average in first year, and 66% average in second year. I'm aiming for a first in third year which is 75% of the overall grade (second year is 25%). Should I put predicted first or 2:1?
    It is very unrealistic to expect such a jump. I'd put 2.1, depending on your tutor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you can get a tutor to vouch for you, you can put 1st. Otherwise I would just put 1st/2.i if it lets you write it in manually. That's what I did and it never seemed to hurt .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    To be honest a predicted grade will mean fairly little. They will look at your achieved grades much more closely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.