Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

I have failed my A-levels and won't get into my firm uni Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inker)
    Yeah I'm serious, they wouldn't have the same content would they?
    They would have very similar course content , it's just structured differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezoar)
    I'm thinking either troll, or genuinely unintelligent
    She's prolly just misinformed or trolling .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inker)
    Yeah I'm serious, they wouldn't have the same content would they?
    medicine has pretty much the same content across most unis

ReputationRep:
    no, I actually thought course =/= subject. well now I know why I'm failing my A-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inker)
    Did you look at my recent posts and find out where my firm was or was it a coincidence that you chose LSE as an example??
    Coincidence, outside of oxbridge, LSE is very hard to get into regardless.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inker)
    I know the results haven't come out yet and I still have a few exams left but it's no use. I've failed and I can't catch up and there's not enough time to study for the rest. (they're tomorrow)

Should I give up on life now?
    Moved to 'A-levels'

Keep your hopes high, because you might actually get good grades. you will never know! + You can always resit them

ReputationRep:
    medicine has pretty much the same content across most unis
    Medicine, sure but Accounting & Finance would be fairly different at different unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inker)
    Medicine, sure but Accounting & Finance would be fairly different at different unis.
    The point I was making is that medicine is considered to be extremely competitive, and I still managed to get offers after studying my A-Levels over three years.

So for Accounting & Finance you should be absolutely fine providing you apply to unis that play to your strengths. I personally have a friend who did his A-Levels over 3 years and he is now studying Accounting & Finance, so you should be able to get some offers.

ReputationRep:
    It's completely pointless to give up now when you can still affect the grades you get.

What are you going to do instead of revising?Just sit around and do nothing which is what you'll be doing in a weeks time anyway when they are all over?

You never know what you got in your past exams, but you will kick yourself if it turns that you didn't do that bad in your initial exams and then ruined your chances by not revising for the rest.

ReputationRep:
    If you think your A Levels have gone bad, they've probably gone better than you expected.
    I came out of my AS geography exams thinking I'd failed for sure and it didn't help that I'd been getting E's and U's all year anyway. But in the end of it all, I ended up getting an A so you might be surprised on results day.

Don't give up! You got this!

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts exactly, Bezoar!

But to OP - if this is a genuine question, I think that there's probably more to you not passing your A levels than just not working hard enough! It may be time to look outside the world of academia.

Also have you really applied to university? if so, you would be well aware of course codes - yes, the same course (e.g. English) is available at more than 1 university even if the content may vary.

ReputationRep:
    If you think one day is not enough to study then you my friend lack the determination to push forward. Its never too late till the minute you are in the exam room and they say start work. So if i were you i would go study right now and try to make things better. I know people who have exams 4 days in a row, who study with the time in between, including me, and they we pull it through. On some cases my head hurt so bad i even started to feel like vomiting but i still pushed forward so don't give up when all seems lost.
    Try to do past papers even when you know nothing. Attempt them and then when you get to question where you are stuck go to your text book learn it and write an answer down. Do this throughout the paper then mark it. If some are wrong take a note book and fill in the detail which you missed out on the question. Take like 15min break for each paper and trust me you will get somewhere. Even what you learn 5min before an exam can be useful.
    Keep calm and push forward.

ReputationRep:
    I was so confused reading all that loool

ReputationRep:
    The point I was making is that medicine is considered to be extremely competitive, and I still managed to get offers after studying my A-Levels over three years.

So for Accounting & Finance you should be absolutely fine providing you apply to unis that play to your strengths. I personally have a friend who did his A-Levels over 3 years and he is now studying Accounting & Finance, so you should be able to get some offers.
    Hi- did you reapply for medicine due to extenuating circumstances? I don't really understand the policy in regards to resits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inker)
    Don't most unis require you to have completed your A-levels in 2 years or less? So I can't resit them.
    I will definitely consider apprenticeships though. Thanks
    I don't know why everyone thinks this, I did my alevels in 3 years and got offers from 4 good unis, unless you want to apply to oxbridge it doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuiop786)
    Hi- did you reapply for medicine due to extenuating circumstances? I don't really understand the policy in regards to resits.
    Yes I did. I sent an email around to every medical school in the U.K, detailing my previous grades and my situation, and asked if they would consider an application from me. I also made a few phone calls to those who didn't reply in a timely manner. That's the only way to know for sure who will consider you as some university websites have limited information.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.