Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanPauww)
    I used a melting point test instead of chromatography?
    it was a solid therefore how u gonna do chromatography lmao it was melting point apparatus m8y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eryk_laroche)
    it was a solid therefore how u gonna do chromatography lmao it was melting point apparatus m8y
    Yeah thats what I though

ReputationRep:
    I used a melting point test instead of chromatography?

I believe chromatography wasn't necessary. I put filtration under reduced pressure followed by recrysalisation. Didn't it want to know how to purify it?

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the multiple choice about 0.1 mol and 0.1 mol makes how many atoms?

ReputationRep:
    for the purification question (6 marker), I forgot to write about checking for the melting point to check the purity of the compound, but i wrote everything else and got a percentage yield of 71. Would i at least get 4 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuffyandtab)
    I believe chromatography wasn't necessary. I put filtration under reduced pressure followed by recrysalisation. Didn't it want to know how to purify it?
    Yeah but it also asked how you would check the purity so I said do a melting point test and compare to a known value and do percentage difference

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh lol but I swear u can still do chromatography with dabs of solid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahani)
    for the purification question (6 marker), I forgot to write about checking for the melting point to check the purity of the compound, but i wrote everything else and got a percentage yield of 71. Would i at least get 4 marks?
    sorry but since its levelled responses and u mentioned nothing about how to purify it you might just get 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterCrabtree)
    There was, the first peak was RC-O
    that was for the last question, there wasn't one for the previous question with the aromatic ring i don't think

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it also asked how you would check the purity so I said do a melting point test and compare to a known value and do percentage difference
    I must have not read that part. darn it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB199)
    Oh yeh lol but I swear u can still do chromatography with dabs of solid
    not too sure i need to go over tlc lmao but u could be right :f

ReputationRep:
    Was the condensation polymer degradable because of hydrolysis/photolysis

ReputationRep:
    Was the condensation polymer degradable because of hydrolysis/photolysis
    Yeah I did a past paper a few days ago and that was the answer for a similar question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB199)
    Yeah I did a past paper a few days ago and that was the answer for a similar question
    Had no clue where to get 3 marks from ahaha

ReputationRep:
    sorry but since its levelled responses and u mentioned nothing about how to purify it you might just get 2
    I wrote about recrystallisation and filtration just forgot to say to check the melting point. would that still give me 2 ?

ReputationRep:
    With the flowchart question with the hyrdoxynitrile, did people put CHOH for the beginning molecule (The one what was reacted with NaCN/ H+)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB199)
    id imagine 2 marks were for finding the polymer and 1 mark for saying hydrolysis of ester bond is easy in the environment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahani)
    I wrote about recrystallisation and filtration just forgot to say to check the melting point. would that still give me 2 ?
    Dunno bro but they might put u in band 2 for not talking about how to find purity so max 4 marks me thinks

ReputationRep:
    what where the two other structural isomers for 3-bromophenylamine ? and what did you say about why there were isomers formed?

ReputationRep:
    For those who got an aromatic ring in the last question:

How can you when there were no aromatic protons in the 7ppm area?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.