Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR A Chemistry Paper 2 Unofficial Mark scheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanPauww)
    I used a melting point test instead of chromatography?
    it was a solid therefore how u gonna do chromatography lmao it was melting point apparatus m8y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eryk_laroche)
    it was a solid therefore how u gonna do chromatography lmao it was melting point apparatus m8y
    Yeah thats what I though

ReputationRep:
    I used a melting point test instead of chromatography?

I believe chromatography wasn't necessary. I put filtration under reduced pressure followed by recrysalisation. Didn't it want to know how to purify it?

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the multiple choice about 0.1 mol and 0.1 mol makes how many atoms?

ReputationRep:
    for the purification question (6 marker), I forgot to write about checking for the melting point to check the purity of the compound, but i wrote everything else and got a percentage yield of 71. Would i at least get 4 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuffyandtab)
    I believe chromatography wasn't necessary. I put filtration under reduced pressure followed by recrysalisation. Didn't it want to know how to purify it?
    Yeah but it also asked how you would check the purity so I said do a melting point test and compare to a known value and do percentage difference

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh lol but I swear u can still do chromatography with dabs of solid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahani)
    for the purification question (6 marker), I forgot to write about checking for the melting point to check the purity of the compound, but i wrote everything else and got a percentage yield of 71. Would i at least get 4 marks?
    sorry but since its levelled responses and u mentioned nothing about how to purify it you might just get 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterCrabtree)
    There was, the first peak was RC-O
    that was for the last question, there wasn't one for the previous question with the aromatic ring i don't think

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it also asked how you would check the purity so I said do a melting point test and compare to a known value and do percentage difference
    I must have not read that part. darn it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB199)
    Oh yeh lol but I swear u can still do chromatography with dabs of solid
    not too sure i need to go over tlc lmao but u could be right :f

ReputationRep:
    Was the condensation polymer degradable because of hydrolysis/photolysis

ReputationRep:
    Was the condensation polymer degradable because of hydrolysis/photolysis
    Yeah I did a past paper a few days ago and that was the answer for a similar question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB199)
    Yeah I did a past paper a few days ago and that was the answer for a similar question
    Had no clue where to get 3 marks from ahaha

ReputationRep:
    sorry but since its levelled responses and u mentioned nothing about how to purify it you might just get 2
    I wrote about recrystallisation and filtration just forgot to say to check the melting point. would that still give me 2 ?

ReputationRep:
    With the flowchart question with the hyrdoxynitrile, did people put CHOH for the beginning molecule (The one what was reacted with NaCN/ H+)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB199)
    id imagine 2 marks were for finding the polymer and 1 mark for saying hydrolysis of ester bond is easy in the environment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahani)
    I wrote about recrystallisation and filtration just forgot to say to check the melting point. would that still give me 2 ?
    Dunno bro but they might put u in band 2 for not talking about how to find purity so max 4 marks me thinks

ReputationRep:
    what where the two other structural isomers for 3-bromophenylamine ? and what did you say about why there were isomers formed?

ReputationRep:
    For those who got an aromatic ring in the last question:

How can you when there were no aromatic protons in the 7ppm area?

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.