Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, hope you're having a nice day!

I don't think A Levels are going too well for me at the moment. I was predicted AAC earlier in the year and offered a conditional place to do biology (BBB). Upon reflection, I feel like BBD/E would be a more accurate representation of the grades I am going to achieve.

I still want to do Biology with all my heart, but I don't think the University will accept me. I will only ever want to go to Lincoln, it is 100% the University for me and I don't want to go anywhere else (I have fallen in love with everything about it).

I have been predicted an A/A* in my Extended Project - which I do feel is a more accurate representation of degree level work than exams (as it involves writing a 'dissertation'). I understand that it will be 'taken into consideration' but not as a stand-alone grade/subject. Do you think the admissions tutors might see this as a good thing?

I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice around what I could do?

Thanks and have a nice summer!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by HellWontBeatUs)

I don't think A Levels are going too well for me at the moment. I was predicted AAC earlier in the year and offered a conditional place to do biology (BBB). Upon reflection, I feel like BBD/E would be a more accurate representation of the grades I am going to achieve.

I still want to do Biology with all my heart, but I don't think the University will accept me. I will only ever want to go to Lincoln, it is 100% the University for me and I don't want to go anywhere else (I have fallen in love with everything about it).

I have been predicted an A/A* in my Extended Project - which I do feel is a more accurate representation of degree level work than exams (as it involves writing a 'dissertation'. I understand that it will be 'taken into consideration' but not as a stand-alone grade/subject. Do you think the admissions tutors might see this as a good thing?

Dont panic and just deal with things appropriately.

1. Focus on exams as thats the area where you cna make a difference.
    2. You may not have done as poorly as you think. Students arent the best for having an objective assessment.
    3. When you get your results then contact Lincoln. there will be other students in the same position. and they fill places up from those who met the conditions and accepted then look at the rest. they wont know until the results come out.

They will bear in mind how many grades below you are and other factors including your EPQ, any other factors etc.

Theres still a chance they will take you on BBD, but obviously its much better on BBC. Contact them as soon as you have your results to let them know you are still keen, then be patient.

If theres no place for you, then dont panic and just resit next year plus get some useful experience or earn money. Time flies very fast.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

As set out in our undergraduate admissions policy, if you do not achieve the required grades for your course it does not mean you won't be accepted!

Chapter 9.0 of the admissions policy reads: "Applicants who have not met the entry requirements will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Examination results, the interview (if appropriate) and any other relevant factors will be taken into account. In some cases, the University may decide to make an offer on an alternative programme. The approval of the applicant will be sought, prior to any change." You can see the whole policy here: secretariat.blogs.lincoln.ac.uk/files/2013/08/

If you have any more questions I would recommend you contact admissions by emailing [email protected] or by calling 01522 886097 - they might be able to give you a more specific answer.

Good luck with all your results and hopefully we will see you in September - follow your dream to Lincoln!

Kind regards,
    Elliott 😊

I have been predicted an A/A* in my Extended Project - which I do feel is a more accurate representation of degree level work than exams (as it involves writing a 'dissertation'. I understand that it will be 'taken into consideration' but not as a stand-alone grade/subject. Do you think the admissions tutors might see this as a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic. Wait and see what grades you actually get, and the university's decision.

Enjoy your summer and do some reading for your course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I have a few exams left, 2 biology, 1 history and 1 chemistry, which I'm working really hard to achieve - I didn't even celebrate my birthday yesterday because I was revising... But I do understand what you're saying!

(Original post by UniLincolnRep)
    Thanks so much for your reply Elliot! I feel a little bit more comfortable knowing that there may still be an opportunity for me if thinks don't go quite to the initial plan. I'm trying as hard as I can to get to Lincoln, so hopefully I will see everyone in September!

(Original post by RogerOxon)
    That sounds like a dream! I can't wait to read again, I'm a massive bookworm and the last time I read a book was 4 months ago - all to revise! Even then, it was a textbook for my history course. It seems like the most sensible thing to do.

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better now, knowing there will always be options for me!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.