The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry paper 2 7405/2 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by muhammad7867
i wrote COO- aswell

Correct. Agreed
Original post by Hassankhan2405
Did anyone get 870Mg for one of the questions? The Ideal Gas Equation?

I got that too!
Original post by p____
Same omg how many marks was that question? im so annoyed i made such a silly mistake

Idk I think it was 4 marks ? Cos it was an easy mechanism wouldn't be any higher than that but I misread most questions so gonna have to ace paper 3
Realising I've done a lot worse on that paper than I thought😣
What did people get for the new concentration of A in the rate equation question? I got 0.205...
Original post by GangRelated
For the question about Ea.
Did you guy use
lnA as 16.9 or ln16.9.

Ln16.9 because youre taking the log (ln) of A
Original post by Jessie1999
What did people get for the new concentration of A in the rate equation question? I got 0.205...

0.65 it's basically (0.5 x (root1.7))
0.65 it's basically (0.5 x (root1.7))

Oh dear, well I have got that wrong :frown: oh well it is only 2 marks
Reply 168
Original post by Ashy99
I'm so baffled how are people saying that paper was easy...
I found it so hard :frown:
Original post by mt12345

Saaame! I got out of the exam and my whole class were saying 'it was the nicest paper' they've ever sat and i think I've absolutely flopped lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
Original post by NiceB8M8
How many marks would I get for getting 15.8 for Ea instead of 50.7 as I thought A was given not lnA. I'm assuming I get 2/4.

Same! That was so annoying can't believe i missed that! 😭
Did anyone get 870Mg for one of the questions? The Ideal Gas Equation?

yeah boii
Reply 172
Original post by mt12345

Yo, me too, I'm not usually that bad at chemistry but I just thought they tried to trip us up in so any places :frown:
Does anyone remember what mechanisms came up?
Guys for the type of polymerisation, what did everyone put?
Reply 175
Original post by mathusha
Guys for the type of polymerisation, what did everyone put?

condensation i think
U mans allow the dwelling, I think the hardest part of these A-level exams is moving forward and revising for the next exam fresh-minded and that, i probably dont make sense still, this pressure has differently fu*ked me up, safe im gone
Original post by biologybuddy
it definitely said how could you distinguish between each sample, otherwise it would have just been easy

How so? It would be easier to distinguish between them as you wouldn't have to do as many tests as you could determine which is which by process of elimination where as if you were to identify each functional group then you need to have memorised the simplest tests for every functional that was present
Original post by emilyvrl
Step 1 :
H2SO4 + HNO3 --> H2NO3 + HSO4

Step 2 :
Methylbenzene + HNO3 --> methylnitrobenzene + H2O ( conc H2SO4 catalyst )

Step 3 :
MethylNitrobenzene + 6[H] --> methylphenylamime + 2H2O ( Sn/HCl catalysts , room température )

Okay so that's all I did for the very last question . It makes sense to me but I have no clue if it's right . Any opinions ?

Nah that wouldn't work

free rad sub
nuc sub
then reduce nitrile to amine
Reply 179
What was the last question starting and ending with? I just did nitration and then reduce the nitrobenzene to amine using LiAlH4 is this the right answer im so scared i messed up

Quick Reply

Latest