Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

It's so hot in the UK rn! Watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd ask how everyone feeling about the weather right now! I think were officially in a heatwave?

As a Brit I am not dealing too well with it, but am ofc complaining and commenting on the weather and temperature regularly.

How many snapchats have you seen today with the temp on it

Any tips for keeping cool? Slushies have been saving me!

Feel bad for anyone who still has exams! How are they going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer1311)
    Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd ask how everyone feeling about the weather right now! I think were officially in a heatwave?

As a Brit I am not dealing too well with it, but am ofc complaining and commenting on the weather and temperature regularly.

My bedroom is in the loft AND all the light shines onto my face. I feel like I'm in the Sahara desert at times.

I have had to spend the night downstairs to avoid roasting to death lol :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Stay out the sun... IT BURNS!!!!

:headfire:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

It's funny because I was in Italy about 2 days ago and it was 35°C and I loved it. Now I'm back in the UK I bloody hate it.

Seen too many snaps of the temperature outside, quicker than checking the news nowadays.

I literally just get as naked as possible and lay on my bed and just kinda lie as still as possible, blinds down. Of course, regular drinking of water is advised.

My exams finished on the 25th May so I'm pretty chuffed I don't have to do my exams in this heat.

ReputationRep:
    I have some time off work at the moment. The gym was like a sauna today and now I'm just lying on my bed with all the windows open, slowly embracing the sweet relief of death.

ReputationRep:
    I would love the warm weather if I didn't have to be sat inside, revising.

Why can't it be rainy until my exams finish :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky)
    My bedroom is in the loft AND all the light shines onto my face. I feel like I'm in the Sahara desert at times.

I have had to spend the night downstairs to avoid roasting to death lol :lol:
    I feel you. Unfortunately, I gave my loft extension to my brother.
    I regret it. Your post is full of my regret. :'(

ReputationRep:
    its so hot and I cant revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    It's funny because I was in Italy about 2 days ago and it was 35°C and I loved it. Now I'm back in the UK I bloody hate it.

Seen too many snaps of the temperature outside, quicker than checking the news nowadays.

I literally just get as naked as possible and lay on my bed and just kinda lie as still as possible, blinds down. Of course, regular drinking of water is advised.

My exams finished on the 25th May so I'm pretty chuffed I don't have to do my exams in this heat.
    Ah. The heat in Italy is no similar to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Well I just had an exam today and had only about 4 and a half hours sleep because of the heat. Also sweating so much on the bus and being tired did not help my exam today. Please no more sun on my exam dates.

Also open your windows if the sun is not shining through. Maybe get a fan, Ice cold water and just have a rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orgi.material_99)
    I feel you. Unfortunately, I gave my loft extension to my brother.
    I regret it. Your post is full of my regret. :'(
    Hehe, finally!
    BTW thanks for the follow ☺️

Is it really hot at your place too then?

ReputationRep:
    ikr but we complain 2 much just enjoy da weva
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orgi.material_99)
    Ah. The heat in Italy is no similar to the UK.
    In a way it's good for me to get used to it because I'm off to china for a month at the beginning of July, where temperatures are super hot during the summer and super cold during the winter.

ReputationRep:
    The weather is beautiful so enjoy while it lasts.

ReputationRep:
    A new CT member :OO

Also, if you're particularly desperate, douse yourself in ice water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky)
    Hehe, finally!
    BTW thanks for the follow ☺️

Is it really hot at your place too then?
    I'm in Harrow. It's hot - 32.8C

You?

By the way, you're welcome. :-) X
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Hey

Welcome to the team! What role are you in :ninja: not seen you around before

I’m currently a puddle on the floor as I’ve melted with the heat, I’ve been drinking loads of water and complaining non-stop on Twitter and to anyone that will listen :bawling:

I would love a slushie right now...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell I am sweating a **** ton right now, not even doing anything, just sat at home contemplating how unbearable work will be :/
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Hey

Welcome to the team! What role are you in :ninja: not seen you around before

I’m currently a puddle on the floor as I’ve melted with the heat, I’ve been drinking loads of water and complaining non-stop on Twitter and to anyone that will listen :bawling:

I would love a slushie right now...
    Hey! Im the new editorial intern started today

definitely need to up my water intake, and of course the obligatory complaining to everyone as well, me too :drool:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Im the new editorial intern started today

definitely need to up my water intake, and of course the obligatory complaining to everyone as well, me too :drool:
    Ahhh awesome! Have loads of fun

You can never do too much complaining

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.