Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

What would you do if you got your hands on an official exam paper before exam day? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do if you received a copy of an exam before exam day?
    Look at the paper and don't tell anyone else
    70.59%
    Look at the paper and tell only family/friends who are not sitting the exam
    3.92%
    Look at the paper and share it with a few friends who are sitting the exam
    13.73%
    Look at the paper then contact an authority about it (teacher/school/police etc.)
    1.96%
    Don't look at the paper then contact an authority about it (teacher/school/police etc.)
    3.92%
    Don't look at the paper and don't tell anyone about it
    0%
    Something else
    5.88%

• TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    After seeing a few idiots over the last month pretend that they have access to exam papers before they're sat (and some trying to make a profit out of it), I was wondering what most students would do if they actually did manage to get a copy of an exam. Be honest!

(Private poll)

ReputationRep:
    i probably wouldn't tell anyone. I dont want others to benefit

ReputationRep:
    Would keep it to myself , if i had a sibling doing the same paper id tell them tho.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who doesn't say they would look at it and not tell anyone is lying :lol:

ReputationRep:
    lol so I have a friend in Vienna who actually had all the IB exams before he sat them.
    He got expelled.

Here's what happened basically:
    He got a teacher's password by using a BadUSB.
    He was able to log into the school system, Sokrates, and could download upcoming exams and change anyone's grades.
    He sold the papers to other students in the grade and changed his grades to 97-100% on all exams.
    The Physics teacher caught on because he is a pretty **** student and was expected to get like 50-60% on the exam, and so when brought up, other teachers realized he got a better score on the test than expected. The IT department checked who edited the grades, and my friend being an idiot, logged in through his school computer without a VPN to the grading system.
    He ended up getting expelled after the 1st year in IB.
    School is AIS Vienna

ReputationRep:
    Would of listened to him and got the paper

ReputationRep:
    drill a hole in it and thrust like mad. the exam will get ****ed by me just like i'll get ****ed by it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)
    Yeah. I'd look at it, google the answers go over the answers of the paper again and keep it to myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Yeah. I'd look at it, google the answers go over the answers of the paper again and keep it to myself.

Dm me
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggddhbdcore3)
    Dm me
    Lmao why? What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Lmao why? What happened?
    Do it. Rust me
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggddhbdcore3)
    Do it. Rust me
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)
    I think pretty much everyone would look at it. But I dont think they would tell everyone/anyone about it? I probably wouldn't tbh. I wouldn't tell anyone that is, I would look at it though.

ReputationRep:
    In my old school there was a tuition group that all the tamil kids and their chums went to. The tuition master knew a guy who worked at edexcel and he leaked them the C2 and C3 papers for 2009 and 2010 respectively. They got the papers hand written before the exam. Some of the people who got the paper got 97 UMS while others got 100 UMS. Some intentionally made a mistake or two to cover it up.

Pretty sad now that I look back, we had this one guy who got 77 in C1 all of a sudden get 100 in C2. I legit asked him how did you do it, he managed to keep a straight face, the cheating prick.

ReputationRep:
    It's not worth the hassle of telling anyone. Your friends will most likely tell others and the news will leak. Telling the authorities will get you in shhitt because they will wonder how the paper got out.

The most honest thing to do is tell no one and not look at the paper.

ReputationRep:
    I'd look at the paper, take notes on it and burn the original paper. Definitely not sharing it with anyone else - got to keep those grade boundaries low !

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.