The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Buckingham Medicine Interview 2018 Entry

I have received an interview date from the University of Buckingham but do not know what to expect or how to prepare. I am pretty sure the school does MMI's and was wondering if any students who have completed an MMI or the Buckingham medical interview could provide me with some insight to the process and how to prepare.
Reply 1
Original post by jerrym1998
I have received an interview date from the University of Buckingham but do not know what to expect or how to prepare. I am pretty sure the school does MMI's and was wondering if any students who have completed an MMI or the Buckingham medical interview could provide me with some insight to the process and how to prepare.

when is ur interview? I got mine on the 6th. I have no idea what to study as well
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by check123
when is ur interview? I got mine on the 6th. I have no idea what to study as well
My interview is on the 6th of July as well. I'm really having trouble finding people who have already completed the interview at Buckingham to give some guidance.
Reply 3
My interview is on the 6th of July as well. I'm really having trouble finding people who have already completed the interview at Buckingham to give some guidance.

I am trying the same, replied to some. but didn't get back to me. prolly they are no longer comming to student room
anyone got any reply from buckingham ?
how did your interviews go?
Reply 6
Original post by nisha devi

Hello I have just accepted an offer to study Medicine starting Jan 7th. I was initially placed upon a waiting list but offered a place after the 'A' level results were published. I am a school leaver, I hope there will be quite a few more like me as well as mature post graduates.
Reply 7
Original post by rajan123
Hello I have just accepted an offer to study Medicine starting Jan 7th. I was initially placed upon a waiting list but offered a place after the 'A' level results were published. I am a school leaver, I hope there will be quite a few more like me as well as mature post graduates.

Hey,
I'm going to Buckingham in January and I'm a school leaver, do you know of a Facebook chat for Buckingham medics?
Maude
Reply 8

Agree it can be hard to know how to best prepare for MMIs. Have a look at this page on GetIN.life about MMIs and their online practice interviews:

www.getin.life/the-mock-mmi
Reply 9
Hey guys, I was recently made away of this thread and would just like to let all offer holders know that we have a WhatsApp group going on right now, if you guys could drop me a private message here, I'll be able to forward you a link to join us on.

Well done everyone, see you soon.
Reply 10
I am joining medicine in January I am from Australia 61411455953 please add me
Reply 11

Yeah I was accepted for 2018 January entry.

yes but I declined

Good luck for the interview!

One tip from us: Use STARR

Situation: What was the scene? Give some background
Task: What was your role in this situation?
Action: How did you do respond?
Result: What happened in the end?
Reflect: What did you gain from this experience?

Kunal - Medic Mind
Voted UK's Best Medical Start Up 2017 🏆
www.medicmind.co.uk/interview

Good luck for the interview!

A tip from us - be aware of your body language

- Don’t feel the need to shake hands, but do if appropriate
- Try not to fidget - can portray nervousness
- Sit up straight, with good posture
- Always make eye contact with everyone in the room, not just the one speaking to you.
- Try and smile! 😊

Kunal - Medic Mind
Original post by check123

Good luck!!

One tip from us is don’t over practice

- It is not a memory test
- They will be able to spot if you are reciting something
- Could work against your favour
- You should relax and be yourself

BUT prepare model answers using bullet points. So don't memorise huge chunks of text but prepare bullet points!

Kunal - Medic Mind
Original post by LukeA1293
Agree it can be hard to know how to best prepare for MMIs. Have a look at this page on GetIN.life about MMIs and their online practice interviews:

www.getin.life/the-mock-mmi

Also check out our FREE MMI Videos on www.youtube.com/medicmind

Kunal - Medic Mind

Hi, I am an applicant from Canada applying for the January 2020 entry. Can you give me some info about the whole choosing process?
Original post by rajan123

Hi, I was wondering whether you could give me some tips and help me out a bit with the interview? I got the invitation for an interview and its my first one
Hi, I was wondering whether you could give me some tips and help me out a bit with the interview? I got the invitation for an interview and its my first one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending