Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering with one of my uni modules I really struggled with it, I'm doing Quantity Surveying, Second year Contract practice module. So the coursework I got 35% but with the exam I managed to slightly pull it back with 62%, coursework and exam were both 50/50, so I got it back up to 49%. Does this mean that I will have an overall pass of the module, even though the coursework section was below 40%?Cheers
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom4224)
    Hi, I was just wondering with one of my uni modules I really struggled with it, I'm doing Quantity Surveying, Second year Contract practice module. So the coursework I got 35% but with the exam I managed to slightly pull it back with 62%, coursework and exam were both 50/50, so I got it back up to 49%. Does this mean that I will have an overall pass of the module, even though the coursework section was below 40%?Cheers
    All depends on the universities rules, some will insist you pass all units I m afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    All depends on the universities rules, some will insist you pass all units I m afraid
    hmmm, that's annoying. As I am at a pass in theory, but the coursework and exam mark together do make an overall 49% for the unit. I know it's basically set in stone that exams have to be over 40%, but I'm pretty sure one of lecturers said that the module isn't a fail if coursework is below 40% and that I just had to do fairly 'ok' in the exam to get the whole module to a pass, which I did I got 62% for the exam. I can't remember exactly what they said though
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom4224)
    hmmm, that's annoying. As I am at a pass in theory, but the coursework and exam mark together do make an overall 49% for the unit. I know it's basically set in stone that exams have to be over 40%, but I'm pretty sure one of lecturers said that the module isn't a fail if coursework is below 40% and that I just had to do fairly 'ok' in the exam to get the whole module to a pass, which I did I got 62% for the exam. I can't remember exactly what they said though
    There should be something in your universities regulation books somewhere.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.