Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do guys care about a girl's weight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There is only one answer to the question and it's that some do, some don't. It's a matter of tastes. It probably has more to do with your confidence and your personality.

Sure if you look like Kylie or something it's easier to find guys wanting to sleep with you but that's about it really.

I'm borderline obese according to BMI, trying to lose some weight just to be healthy but I haven't had much problems with guys. And I'd say I'm pretty average looking, only make-up I wear is usually some eyeliner at most too. Maybe you're just a bit too picky yourself? Or just need to try and be a bit more forward

(Original post by eden3)
    do girls care about a guy's weight? There's your answer.
    From my perspective, I would date a chubby guy, like similar to my weight, but nothing more I think. Chubby guys are cute tbh.
    Which I guess is why I get so confused when guys don't find chubby girls cute most of the time. Guess it's personal preference though aha.

(Original post by doodle_333)
    definitely not everyone aged 18 has! Maybe you have a particularly sexually active social circle... or maybe there's a couple of other people feeling the rpessure and making something up... either way, it's really not a big deal! It's far better to lose your virginity under good circumstances and have great sex after when you're 21 than have a crappy experience followed by crappy sex from age 16-20
    Great advice. Well hopefully when I go to university in September that may change as I suppose I'll be exposed to a variety of different people all with different preferences. Of course, relationships aren't all about sex either I guess! Like I say, I just want someone to say to me, "I love you because of who you are not what you are," but that's difficult to find these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm an 18yo female who is quite chubby and have never had a boyfriend, nor sex yet. I feel so awkward because all my friends seem to have had sex or had a boyfriend and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with me.

Without being modest, of course, I think I'm fairly attractive (and when I had Tinder that was reflected because I got a fair few matches based on my face (I didn't show my body) - even though that's not the best measure) and I consider myself to be a generous person, putting everyone else before myself first...

And the fact that I haven't got a guy or had sex yet makes me assume that this is down to my weight... so I was wondering from the guys of TSR - do you consider weight to be a factor in judging whether a girl is attractive or not? Please be honest because I'm just curious.

I'm just fed up of being single and while a boyfriend isn't the priority in my life, it'd just feel nice to be known that I am loved because I have terrible self-esteem, mild anxiety and have depressive spells as a result of relentless bullying regarding my weight...

I'm planning to lose weight over the summer after I complete my A-Levels anyway more for myself as a way of improving my self-esteem and feeling proud of myself but whether that will happen or not, I really don't know yet.

Thank you for any contributions anyone can give.
    exercise and eat healthy, being 'chubby' is preventable.

(Original post by TheDuo)
    exercise and eat healthy, being 'chubby' is preventable.
    I know but that's easier said than done. When your willpower is ridiculously low, it can be quite a challenge. It's not as easy as that. If I could get slim rapidly, I for sure would have done that by now.

ReputationRep:
    Weight is absolutely critical to how attractive you are.

It can make an ugly girl attractive, or an attractive girl ugly. It not only affects your body but your face too and your mood. It affects everything.

(Original post by Devify)
    There is only one answer to the question and it's that some do, some don't. It's a matter of tastes. It probably has more to do with your confidence and your personality.

Sure if you look like Kylie or something it's easier to find guys wanting to sleep with you but that's about it really.

I'm borderline obese according to BMI, trying to lose some weight just to be healthy but I haven't had much problems with guys. And I'd say I'm pretty average looking, only make-up I wear is usually some eyeliner at most too. Maybe you're just a bit too picky yourself? Or just need to try and be a bit more forward
    I mean I did have one guy at work who liked me and, don't get me wrong, he is an absolutely lovely guy and although girls would say looks don't matter, they really do and for me, he just wasn't my type. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, for my prince charming :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    Try not putting everyone else first. You do you and you'll meet someone. Cliché but true

ReputationRep:
    I'm an 18yo female who is quite chubby and have never had a boyfriend, nor sex yet. I feel so awkward because all my friends seem to have had sex or had a boyfriend and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with me.

Without being modest, of course, I think I'm fairly attractive (and when I had Tinder that was reflected because I got a fair few matches based on my face (I didn't show my body) - even though that's not the best measure) and I consider myself to be a generous person, putting everyone else before myself first...

And the fact that I haven't got a guy or had sex yet makes me assume that this is down to my weight... so I was wondering from the guys of TSR - do you consider weight to be a factor in judging whether a girl is attractive or not? Please be honest because I'm just curious.

I'm just fed up of being single and while a boyfriend isn't the priority in my life, it'd just feel nice to be known that I am loved because I have terrible self-esteem, mild anxiety and have depressive spells as a result of relentless bullying regarding my weight...

I'm planning to lose weight over the summer after I complete my A-Levels anyway more for myself as a way of improving my self-esteem and feeling proud of myself but whether that will happen or not, I really don't know yet.

Some guys like small girls

ReputationRep:
    I mean I did have one guy at work who liked me and, don't get me wrong, he is an absolutely lovely guy and although girls would say looks don't matter, they really do and for me, he just wasn't my type. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, for my prince charming :rofl:
    See, so it's not that you're not attractive to anyone it's just that you haven't found someone you're attracted to as well as who's attracted to you. At least someone who took a step to show that they are attracted to you.

It's not that looks don't matter to most girls, it's just that usually personality is more important. You need to feel some physical attraction considering you won't want to have anything sexual at all with the person and will end up more like friends than like being in a relationship. But if you like the guy for his personality and you feel some level of attraction to him, even if very tiny, that attraction can grow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future.)
    SmokingChains and ShadowSeeker what do you guys think? Since you are guys.
    onto the case Future.

hi OP
    nice to meet you
    I do understand ..please do not feel that you are not accepted
    Im 19 yo boy
    not everyone is you, and dont try to please anyone
    personally I havent had a girlfriend nor sex..doesnt mean I wont get one..its just that it hasnt happen yet

A guy (particular someone who loves you wilol love the way you are)
    I personally dont look at bums or breast etc
    but I look at the personality of the girl....never her body image.
    moreover its a guys preference not all like big boobs and not all like small breast. My point you cannot please everyone in the world
    if a guy truly loves its not for the matter that you have small breast or large bum its for your personality. As you will eventually have children and he wants to see your attitude and the way you behave.
    Moreover everyone will age and grow old so that means the looks will eventually fade.
    Please dont do anything stupid...be yourself..yes go ahead if you want to lose weight but not to please others...

if you have read my msg above I have specifically said I look at a girls personality first..than look
    I know Im not for everyone liking or to please anyone its just my humble opinion
    I understand guys do likie hot, fit and sexy girls .I am not indenial of that
    but you see i am a guy who is considered attractive by many girls ...but that me..yes i do play sports, i was fit at one point..good looking but end of the day its me .....i am who i am nobody can change that

(Original post by ShadowSeeker)
    onto the case Future.

hi OP
    nice to meet you
    I do understand ..please do not feel that you are not accepted
    Im 19 yo boy
    not everyone is you, and dont try to please anyone
    personally I havent had a girlfriend nor sex..doesnt mean I wont get one..its just that it hasnt happen yet

A guy (particular someone who loves you wilol love the way you are)
    I personally dont look at bums or breast etc
    but I look at the personality of the girl....never her body image.
    moreover its a guys preference not all like big boobs and not all like small breast. My point you cannot please everyone in the world
    if a guy truly loves its not for the matter that you have small breast or large bum its for your personality. As you will eventually have children and he wants to see your attitude and the way you behave.
    Moreover everyone will age and grow old so that means the looks will eventually fade.
    Please dont do anything stupid...be yourself..yes go ahead if you want to lose weight but not to please others...

if you have read my msg above I have specifically said I look at a girls personality first..than look
    I know Im not for everyone liking or to please anyone its just my humble opinion
    I understand guys do likie hot, fit and sexy girls .I am not indenial of that
    but you see i am a guy who is considered attractive by many girls ...but that me..yes i do play sports, i was fit at one point..good looking but end of the day its me .....i am who i am nobody can change that
    That's excellent advice and it is pleasing to find a guy who actually puts personality first. For me, I think I value looks and personality equally but as I say, I would happily date a guy who was 5-6 on the "weight" scale that one of the repliers put here.

(Original post by KittyAnneR)
    Try not putting everyone else first. You do you and you'll meet someone. Cliché but true
    I do try to put myself first sometimes but I find that difficult because I always feel the need to please everyone and be their best friend. But I guess, again, that's resulting from a lack of confidence in myself most likely.

ReputationRep:
    That's excellent advice and it is pleasing to find a guy who actually puts personality first. For me, I think I value looks and personality equally but as I say, I would happily date a guy who was 5-6 on the "weight" scale that one of the repliers put here.
    Happy to help...yes there are sometimes one is important than the other
    looks.< personality
    or
    personality >looks

btw i am a bit skinny as i have stopped looking after myself but however after my A level exam I hope to get back in shape
    so I wont get the 5-6 weight thing

please be willing to PM me for any other advice

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing such as a desired weight. People have their preferences and it's just that in today's society, people are less attracted to chubby people. I personally would look for a girl who has a good personality and is genuine rather than going after a fit blonde who I would break up with in a couple of weeks. Saying that, I would be slightly cautious of what the girl weighs because I want the girl to be like me i.e. quite skinny and toned although it isn't mandatory. If you feel you aren't attractive, try working out with a friend and lose some weight. It takes about 2 to 3 months to lose majority of the weight and after that you can keep working out to maintain your weight.

Also, as far as sex is concerned, don't think that not having sex makes you unattractive. It really doesn't. I know a couple of good looking girls who haven't had sex yet as well and they are over 20.

ReputationRep:
    Weight doesn't matter until it is unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSaiyanNegro)
    Judging on what you just said i would be willing to spray my oats all over that fine ass, i don't care if your chubby or fat i would defo smash, and also be in a very loving, romantic relationship. Follow me on facebook or snapchat my name on facebook is king jumba the nigerian god. i have a not bragging quite large black penis and im very willing to assist you in losing that sweet ass and pussy virginity, anytime you want to be torn open or have a relaxing steak dinner maybe abit of a blowie on the downlow hit mer up. You low self esteem is perfect for my dominating and hardcore sex positions. Girl if you were my girlfriend i would never let you go, im not all about sex im genuinly a nice person with a love for less popular none *****y girls and would love to care for you. Or we can just do it when you feel like getting penetrated like a dirty slut. Hit me up 13 in may im 12 btw. <3<3<3 don't report me pls
    Bruh I'm sure you breaking the TSR policy - aren't you supposed to be 13 to sign up?

(Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
    Weight doesn't matter until it is unhealthy.
    I wouldn't say my weight is unhealthy yet as I have no diagnosed conditions as a result of it but if I continue then it is likely to become that way which is partly the reason why I desire to lose weight over this summer.

(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    There is nothing such as a desired weight. People have their preferences and it's just that in today's society, people are less attracted to chubby people. I personally would look for a girl who has a good personality and is genuine rather than going after a fit blonde who I would break up with in a couple of weeks. Saying that, I would be slightly cautious of what the girl weighs because I want the girl to be like me i.e. quite skinny and toned although it isn't mandatory. If you feel you aren't attractive, try working out with a friend and lose some weight. It takes about 2 to 3 months to lose majority of the weight and after that you can keep working out to maintain your weight.

Also, as far as sex is concerned, don't think that not having sex makes you unattractive. It really doesn't. I know a couple of good looking girls who haven't had sex yet as well and they are over 20.
    Thank you for your advice.
    Well, if I get into my firm choice uni, I don't move in until the 23rd September and my exams finish this Thursday 22nd June so that is about three months I have to change myself I suppose!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 20, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Should gherkins be in burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.