Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

DMU entry requirements/ clearing Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have got a conditional offer with DMU for 128 points to study Psychology (BSc). I have had a lot of back pain which has intervened with my studies and as a result I am worried about if I'm more likely to get 120 points and therefore will go to clearing. I've looked on the DMU website and it has DMU Clearing choices as BSc Psychology entry requirements being 80UCAS points. Does this mean on results day if I get any more than 80points I'll be accepted or does it mean I will still have to go through clearing because i've missed my offer?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanah.t08)
    I have got a conditional offer with DMU for 128 points to study Psychology (BSc). I have had a lot of back pain which has intervened with my studies and as a result I am worried about if I'm more likely to get 120 points and therefore will go to clearing. I've looked on the DMU website and it has DMU Clearing choices as BSc Psychology entry requirements being 80UCAS points. Does this mean on results day if I get any more than 80points I'll be accepted or does it mean I will still have to go through clearing because i've missed my offer?
    It's at the discretion of the university.

To my understanding, you would be accepted if you missed your offer *and* you were able to be accepted though clearing, or in other words if the uni didn't take you then clearing would be a waste of time for that particular university as if you had a chance in clearing for that course, they would have accepted you anyway.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alanah,

If you are worried you may not obtain the entry criteria. We have clearing open for you, as a second chance.

If so, please contact us on 0116 257 7000 and we will be able to put you through the clearing process.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.