Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Python Progamming requirements Watch

ReputationRep:
    Greetings, everyone. I'm currently at the end of my first year of all my IGCSEs, including Computer Science. Now, my teacher set us the task of learning to use tkinter over the summer break, and she expects us to have come up with a program using tkinter by the end of the holidays. However, when I refer to the programming textbook, it clearly says that 'Producing GUI based applications is outside the syllabus'. For the pre-release material task, should I write the program as text based program, or a GUI? Many thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't matter either way. one's more effort and the other is less effort. it depends whether you want to go the extra mile or not.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I would email your tutor for clarification if you can, as tkinter is just the GUI package for python which implies you're going to be writing some sort of GUI interface for your program.

ReputationRep:
    Well, considering tkinter is a library to create GUIs, I'd say create a GUI.
    tkinter isn't very hard if you already know the basics of python, and the amount of code you need to program a very simple GUI is pretty small. You could create a very simple Gradebook system for 50-100 lines of code, depending how efficiently you program.

I took university Java courses in 8th grade, so what I consider easy maybe harder for you, but I assure you, it isn't something you couldn't learn in at most a couple day's time.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.