Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Feminism is NOT Equalism Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    When have you ever heard someone discussing women's hockey or netball in general conversation? Do they even do bets on them in the bookies?

Tennis, fine. However, much less people are interested in women's Tennis than they are in men's Tennis. The amount of people that watch each game is a clear definer.
    Tennis is actually the perfect example of a wage gap, a woman turns up and plays a minimum of 2 sets or a maximum of 3 and gets paid the same as a man who plays a minimum of 3 sets and a maximum of 5 why don't you complain about that actual wage gap?

ReputationRep:
    luv trolling the feminists

ReputationRep:
    Volleyball? The majority of men I have spoken to about volleyball is because 'the girls have really nice arses and they wear basically nothing. I would bang'.

Gymnastics - See above reason.

You cannot argue that Volleyball and Gymnastics are as widely publicised than 'male' sports like football, rugby, golf, swimming, boxing or cricket.
    That's a fair point I actually do watch women's gymnastics because so of the things some of those girls can do is amazing (and i do enjoy girls in tight leotards not going to lie to you).

but there are other sports like Snowboarding gets more coverage at least in the UK Skiing not so much but then we don't have many pro female skier girls on the world stage but you do hear about people like Lindsey Vonn ( love Lindsey Vonn she is so good) quite a bit I guess it depends on what we are doing or doing well in (I also watch women's skiing mainly because i enjoy it.) also when it's on ice Danceing also gets quite a lot of coverage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuttlebone)
    Language changes over time. The meaning of much of the words we use in our everyday life were different just as close as a hundred years ago. That's what language does- it changes, it evolves. Feminism has gone from meaning equality to becoming synonymous with the idea that women are better than men- which is false. Feminism has gone from women dying for the right to vote, to women marching topless down the street in protest with the stupid idea that that will somehow stop rape... Feminism isn't about equality anymore. It's about left-wing people getting butthurt over people being politically incorrect, it's about disregarding the voice of men based on their gender and skin colour, and it's about censorship. Feminists in the west are the greatest "advocates" for free speech and yet they do the most censorship. I don't think feminism is what it once was. I'm not a feminist, I believe in equality, and I don't think that feminism means equality anymore. And don't get me wrong, I am personally very much left-wing, but it's embarrassing how so many people from the left act sometimes...
    I agree. Most feminists don't even think about equality. They only care about their own gender which is pretty appalling. So many narrow minded people SMH.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Gender isn't binary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cognition!)
    Gender isn't binary.
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the feminists stop replying once they realise their movement is problematic

ReputationRep:
    I don't think 'feminazi' is applicable to me because whilst I think there is evidence that females are the less preferred sex to males, I am not extremist. I don't hate men. I don't protest all the time (or at all, really) and I sure as hell don't hate people for their own opinions about gender inequality.
    Females are the less preferred sex to males? Really?

When the Titanic was sinking, which gender was allowed to leave the ship first?

Was it men? Nope.
    In fact, only 17% of the men survived while almost all of the women survived.

For some reason female lives are more important than male lives. Yet we're the "privileged" and "preferred" ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDuo)
    feminism actually only stands up for women, men are ALWAYS left out, I can't believe this is supposed to be the new equality movement, any thoughts from feminists???
    If you believe in equality for everyone, you are an egalitarian, NOT a feminist.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.