Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Am going on student exchange to Boston in a couple months and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice? Like phone companies, travel, exploring, things to do, things to be aware of, bank stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Awe! I've lived in Boston 6 years and am headed to Uni Westminster for Post Grad. Hope to never come back... just because I love London, but I LOVE Boston. I graduated from Berklee College of Music down the street from Suffolk!Cell phones: T-Mobile, inexpensive, lets you use sim card, monthly (contract) or pay as you go. Travel: Suffolk has a student T pass option (like Oyster). GET IT NOW. (Deadline: 4 August) http://www.suffolk.edu/campuslife/14897.php Otherwise you pay more and it's a bummer. Worth one semester, so would work for yas.Exploring: You don't need any tips! Boston is like London (1-3). Just go outside and walk. You can walk from one end to another in 4 hours or live here 6 years and still not do everything! Plus, you'll make friends at uni and explore together!Go to New York, it's 4 hours bus away. Awareness: not too different than any other city, but as a female, just be aware of your surroundings, don't listen to headphones on a sketch street, walking home in the middle of the night. If you're male, don't show out your expensive phone, shoes, camera, laptop alone on a sketch street, walking home in the middle of the night. 999 = 911 Bank Stuff: Get Bank of America. They're everywhere so you'll incur the least amount of withdrawal fees. They're also linked to Barclays for any important transfers. It just makes it quicker. And they deal with college students all the time. Have so much fun! I'm here right now and excited for you haha

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you so much! That is actually so helpful, I'll definitely be looking into the things you've talked about. Hope you have fun in London actually I know you will haha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.