The Student Room Group

am i too old for uni

im 23 am i too old for uni as its a three year course :/

Scroll to see replies

No. My coursemate is 25 and he's thankful that he went to uni at that age because any younger and he felt like he wouldn't have been able to do it.

Age has no bounds when it comes to uni.
Original post by uni17na

Nobody is ever too old for uni...
Reply 3
Of course not, whilst I was at uni there were mature students in my class who were 35+ in age. You should go for it!
Reply 4
There are 60 year old mature students on TSR who are enjoying their time at uni, age doesn't matter when it comes to education.
Reply 5
Original post by Valyrian
No. My coursemate is 25 and he's thankful that he went to uni at that age because any younger and he felt like he wouldn't have been able to do it.

Age has no bounds when it comes to uni.

thanks just unsure cos of my age
A friend of mine in pharmacy school (4 year course) who is 49 just graduated. So no, you're definitely not old. You're only 23, that's nothing!
You are never too old for it. Follow your dreams.
I'm 36- I've just finished my undergraduate degree and I'm starting my Masters in September.
Go for it :smile:
Original post by uni17na

No way! That is a great age:smile:
Original post by uni17na

I've met loads of people your age on my degree, and they all had a normal university experience with societies and everything else, their age didn't matter. In fact they were the ones having a greater time because they were more confident and sure of themselves.

I wish I was 23 when I went to university. I now have the confidence and maturity at 21 that would've made all the difference when I was 18 and just starting out at university, especially with my choice of degree and career path.

Definitely go! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Never too old. Learning knows no age limits!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Just do it.
Got a woman in her 50s on my IT course. Age doesn't matter at uni.
Original post by uni17na

You will be just fine, lovely. I'm 69, just completed my 2nd year in a Criminology. 23 is no age. I have a grandson your age. Don't dither, just get to it. X
Original post by uni17na

Nooooo of course you aren't
You are just about as young as most university students.

I've met people in their 30s or possibly in their early 40s in my course, and it is pretty common to have mature students at universities. So it shouldn't really intimidate anybody no matter how old you are.
(edited 6 years ago)
Not even close.
60% of UK uni students are over 21! Just read that yesterday, must have been meant for you. :wink:
At my university, mature students are in the majority.

Quick Reply

Latest