Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Dofe Bronze food when you just had a teeth operation! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I had a teeth operation this morning, where I had three teeth taken out, meaning I can't really chew anything as you probably know, if you've had teeth taken out before.

I think perhaps it will take a week to recover, but my expedition is on this Friday to Saturday and it is Monday today. I was planning on snacking on nuts and dried fruit but I completely forgot that I wouldn't be able to crunch into anything hard (stupid me), so now I'm a bit stuck on what to eat! For lunch the first day I was planning to take rice balls like the practise expedition (being an Asian everywhere), dinner pasta, the next morning porridge with nuts and dried fruits, and lunch oatcakes, but I don't think I can eat half of these foods anymore... 😵

So please, it would really help if you gave me advice on suggestions for what to eat for the meals, and also what to snack on during the day!

Thankyou xx

(also I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong section, I don't know how to move it...)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axolottis)
    I had a teeth operation this morning, where I had three teeth taken out, meaning I can't really chew anything as you probably know, if you've had teeth taken out before.

I think perhaps it will take a week to recover, but my expedition is on this Friday to Saturday and it is Monday today. I was planning on snacking on nuts and dried fruit but I completely forgot that I wouldn't be able to crunch into anything hard (stupid me), so now I'm a bit stuck on what to eat! For lunch the first day I was planning to take rice balls like the practise expedition (being an Asian everywhere), dinner pasta, the next morning porridge with nuts and dried fruits, and lunch oatcakes, but I don't think I can eat half of these foods anymore... 😵

So please, it would really help if you gave me advice on suggestions for what to eat for the meals, and also what to snack on during the day!

Thankyou xx

(also I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong section, I don't know how to move it...)
    First of all, get some mint cake. It's recommended D of E food and it'll help to keep your sugars/energy levels up. I take it to pass out to students who didn't eat enough/underestimated their calorie expenditure.

I imagine the foods you have planned (except the nuts, oatcakes and fruit) would be okay foods. Rice, pasta and porridge are all manageable. Jam is another one that could help add flavour without the need for chewing. Tortilla wraps can work out quite well if you can keep the contents cool.

For snacks you need things such as chocolate (high cocoa content would be the better option), or items that can be sucked or melted rather than chewed. You may get lucky and find it's pretty much healed by Friday - you may also get away with chewing on the opposite side of your mouth.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.