Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What are the chances of Federer winning a record 8th Wimbledon in July Watch

ReputationRep:
    Roger Federer is currently tied with Pete Sampras and William Renshaw for the most number of titles at Wimbledon with seven titles . In the past six months,He was winning all big matches including his 18th grand slam at the Australian open . Especially matches against nadal when he were not fully in his control. So Wimbledon will be very very difficult. Murray will be the man to defeat in Wimbledon if he plays well .But Federer knows it is his best chance to add a title to his cap and will give everything.I will be extremely happy to see him lifting the trophy for the record 8th time .Federer has improved and changed his play this year.Backhand is more stiff and strong now.He has also increased his Stamina now.But reality is that his winning chances totally depends upon Draw and Court Speed.Djokovic is always a terrible opponent for him in Wimbledon (though he is not in good form in 2017) He got beaten 2 times in Finals by Djokovic. Murray off course defending champion will be favourite but has not been playing well. He recently lost to his friend Tommy Haas at Stuttgart. This was on grass. Haas is 39 yrs old and ranked 302 in the world.Grass is an unusual surface. Fast. Even the best players are vulnerable to big servers on grass.It would be nice to see the draw before venturing a guess.
    On current form I would rate Federer’s chances as good. He is rested. Injury free, what do you all think a favourite again.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I am rooting so hard for federer. He's been my idol since day 1 and I hope he wins this time. also, considering Djokovic's shock defeat this year twice, I think Federer has a high chance. Just need to play his natural game and set the tempo like he does. And if he gets going with his aces, no one can stop him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra foster)
    Roger Federer is currently tied with Pete Sampras and William Renshaw for the most number of titles at Wimbledon with seven titles . In the past six months,He was winning all big matches including his 18th grand slam at the Australian open . Especially matches against nadal when he were not fully in his control. So Wimbledon will be very very difficult. Murray will be the man to defeat in Wimbledon if he plays well .But Federer knows it is his best chance to add a title to his cap and will give everything.I will be extremely happy to see him lifting the trophy for the record 8th time .Federer has improved and changed his play this year.Backhand is more stiff and strong now.He has also increased his Stamina now.But reality is that his winning chances totally depends upon Draw and Court Speed.Djokovic is always a terrible opponent for him in Wimbledon (though he is not in good form in 2017) He got beaten 2 times in Finals by Djokovic. Murray off course defending champion will be favourite but has not been playing well. He recently lost to his friend Tommy Haas at Stuttgart. This was on grass. Haas is 39 yrs old and ranked 302 in the world.Grass is an unusual surface. Fast. Even the best players are vulnerable to big servers on grass.It would be nice to see the draw before venturing a guess.
    On current form I would rate Federer’s chances as good. He is rested. Injury free, what do you all think a favourite again.
    I hope so

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.