Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

opinions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    so basically having a chat with my friends the other days and they were saying how some muslim girls are becoming corrupt from the western society and how they want to be like non muslims
    from dating boys
    make up
    tight clothes
    etc
    has the west really damages muslim girls???? mmmm not too sure your thoughts? would like to hear x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseflowergirl)
    so basically having a chat with my friends the other days and they were saying how some muslim girls are becoming corrupt from the western society and how they want to be like non muslims
    from dating boys
    make up
    tight clothes
    etc
    has the west really damages muslim girls???? mmmm not too sure your thoughts? would like to hear x
    How you follow a religion is a person's individual choice. Just because you dress and behave differently doesn't mean western culture has corrupted or damaged you

from dating boys
    make up
    tight clothes
    etc
    I don't think the west has an influence sure we are more freer than them but its like their choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pugglet)
    How you follow a religion is a person's individual choice. Just because you dress and behave differently doesn't mean western culture has corrupted or damaged you
    Exemplary! Bravo, I completely agree with you

ReputationRep:
    I agree tbh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LunaCat)
    I agree tbh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With whom? the original thread poster?

ReputationRep:
    from dating boys
    make up
    tight clothes
    etc
    and anyway it is their life, clearly they are muslim by name

ReputationRep:
    from dating boys
    make up
    tight clothes
    etc
    thought maybe this was your type of thread?

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what i was thinking my friends said the west are influencing them or something and religion is being lost haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adorable16)
    Exemplary! Bravo, I completely agree with you
    as always too cuteeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    as always too cuteeeeeeeeeee
    thank you very much you say that a lot but thanks

ReputationRep:
    differant religons mixing creates new religions which good for county

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emwazi)
    Awwww that is really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emwazi)
    How?

I agree that mixing of cultures is good, but fail to see how making new religions is worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    How you follow a religion is a person's individual choice.
    Exactly. It's all just made-up anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    How so ?

ReputationRep:
    whatsb made upppppppppppppppppp

ReputationRep:
    How you follow a religion is a person's individual choice.
    How so ?
    There is no credible evidence for any religion, so believe, and do, what you want.

ReputationRep:
    There is no credible evidence for any religion, so believe, and do, what you want.
    We have an atheist in the making!

ReputationRep:
    thought maybe this was your type of thread?
    Lol since you have tagged me I will briefly give my opinion on this too.

I feel there are many trials, temptations, peer pressure and can be a struggle to maintain faith for most Muslim men and women because of certain influence from this society but it is upon the Muslims to abstain from what is prohibited and keep steadfast on the deen (religion) through patience, worship and good deeds. Also, it's not as if Muslims in Muslim majority countries don't face some of the same struggles and temptations. With the right intentions, willingness and good understanding, one can abstain from evil and harm and hopefully will be able to face any hardship (God willing).

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 23, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.