Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Which school is great for business ? Watch

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please anyone please tell me which one is good for management - royal Holloway, Leicester, Aberdeen or university of york? Please tell me the reputation of each. I think I wanna accept the Royal Holloway as it is closer to Heathrow so I can get a job there and only few minutes away from London but the ranking and it's not a russell group uni that bothers me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kentmdm)
    Please anyone please tell me which one is good for management - royal Holloway, Leicester, Aberdeen or university of york? Please tell me the reputation of each. I think I wanna accept the Royal Holloway as it is closer to Heathrow so I can get a job there and only few minutes away from London but the ranking and it's not a russell group uni that bothers me.
    Hi Kentmdm,

Researching the right university (and course) for you can be really hard, so it's great that you're looking around for some more information. In order to make this decision, I'd recommend taking a look at the league tables and rankings for each uni for that subject, and settling on the few that interest you. If research is important for you, for example, Royal Holloway ranked 14th in the UK for research outputs in our Management department (REF 2014). We are also part of the University of London, so a degree from Royal Holloway is highly esteemed if reputation is important when making this decision.

From there, I'd consider all the other aspects of what might be important to you in a university. You said that Royal Holloway's location is pretty appealing, and you're right. We're right next to Heathrow (with buses, trains, and taxis to get you there), which can be great for any international student, someone looking for a specific job within Heathrow, or for a keen traveler. London Waterloo station is 40 minutes away by direct train, and many of our students find time to explore or get work experience in London during their studies. Our Management course has close industry links and also offers a Year in Business as a part of some of our undergraduate programmes, which might appeal to you if graduate prospects are really important to you.

After that I'd suggest exploring the campuses of the unis that interest you, and chatting with academics and students from the course. Attending Open Days or campus tours can be a great way to get a feel for the university and whether you like the atmosphere. You can check out the next Royal Holloway Open Days here, and I'm sure many of the other universities that interest you will have info on their website about arranging a visit.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Royal Holloway, or Management and I'll be happy to answer!

Summer

Poll
Do you enjoy your job?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.