Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Serious relationship advice needed urgently Watch

Announcements

Long post please bear with and help!

My girlfriend is right now in the airport about to go on holiday with her friend.
    I was anxious before she left because my last relationship ended because the girl cheated on me whilst on holiday.
    She has since been liking lots of videos of salsa lessons in the area she's going, making me believe she'll go to classes and be pressed intimately against these exotic men.
    She has also been repeatedly posting on Snapchat whilst ignoring me, her latest one being a massive bottle of alcohol, with the caption "aim: not one sober moment"

I am become increasingly anxious about this, to the point it's almost crippling. I'll snap out of it temporarily and then revert again.

I don't know if I should voice this all to her and try to let her know my feelings, but I don't want to sound like I'm a train wreck, it's a new relationship and this is my first experience of this arrangement since said event. Ordinarily I trust her completely and she seems absolutely into me, talks of the future etc. Then this stirred my old feelings up.

I really really like this girl, we have so much in common and get along fantastically. I also don't have a lot of things I can do to take my mind off her, except go to the gym which wastes an hour in the evening. Even my job at work is mind numbingly boring, leaving me to think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

My girlfriend is right now in the airport about to go on holiday with her friend.
    I was anxious before she left because my last relationship ended because the girl cheated on me whilst on holiday.
    She has since been liking lots of videos of salsa lessons in the area she's going, making me believe she'll go to classes and be pressed intimately against these exotic men.
    She has also been repeatedly posting on Snapchat whilst ignoring me, her latest one being a massive bottle of alcohol, with the caption "aim: not one sober moment"

I am become increasingly anxious about this, to the point it's almost crippling. I'll snap out of it temporarily and then revert again.

I don't know if I should voice this all to her and try to let her know my feelings, but I don't want to sound like I'm a train wreck, it's a new relationship and this is my first experience of this arrangement since said event. Ordinarily I trust her completely and she seems absolutely into me, talks of the future etc. Then this stirred my old feelings up.

I really really like this girl, we have so much in common and get along fantastically. I also don't have a lot of things I can do to take my mind off her, except go to the gym which wastes an hour in the evening. Even my job at work is mind numbingly boring, leaving me to think.
    You sound like a train wreck. She is on holiday. You cannot treat her as though she were your ex.

If you are actually truly anxious about this it is not normal. You should consider speaking to a GP.

i had to laugh at "Pressed intimately against exotic men". Hopefully you will re-read this in a couple of weeks and realise how funny it is.

The reality of dance workshops/classes is that they are full of old men or gay men and everyone is too busy trying to not stand on the other person to consider bumping genitals. Hardly a threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I know the feels!
    It's really *****y that she's ignoring you, especially taking into account your past!! If she likes you as much as you think she does, surely she would really show that she cares by keeping in contact with you? This may be hard to hear but maybe she's not into you if she's ignoring you?

Hope things go okay

(Original post by kreamlearns)
    I know the feels!
    It's really *****y that she's ignoring you, especially taking into account your past!! If she likes you as much as you think she does, surely she would really show that she cares by keeping in contact with you? This may be hard to hear but maybe she's not into you if she's ignoring you?

Hope things go okay
    Luckily she replied a lot just before she was getting on the plane, so perhaps she was just walking around the airport getting duty free and things like that. She's definitely really into me, I just have to hope I don't ruin it because she's great.

(Original post by Friffinghell)
    You sound like a train wreck. She is on holiday. You cannot treat her as though she were your ex.

If you are actually truly anxious about this it is not normal. You should consider speaking to a GP.

i had to laugh at "Pressed intimately against exotic men". Hopefully you will re-read this in a couple of weeks and realise how funny it is.

The reality of dance workshops/classes is that they are full of old men or gay men and everyone is too busy trying to not stand on the other person to consider bumping genitals. Hardly a threat.
    I don't wish to have medical help, it's mainly due to re-opened wounds, everything seemed great and I trusted that girl too. She's going to Spain, the home of Salsa, I can confidently say there will be plenty of straight men in there and salsa is a romantic and intimate dance form. It's usually couples who go..
    I am lucky to have her though, she's great so I'll try to temper my mood.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.