Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Bradford Clinical Science course (foundation medicine) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone on here applied to this course previously or is going to study it in 2017?
    If so could you please tell me about your experience

ReputationRep:
    Not quite a success story but I did apply in October last year for entry this year and did not get in. Despite detailing my 2 years of healthcare experience (this course was seen on UCAS Extra)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatsP29)
    Not quite a success story but I did apply in October last year for entry this year and did not get in. Despite detailing my 2 years of healthcare experience (this course was seen on UCAS Extra)
    Have they told you why you didn't get accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazybutmotivated)
    Have they told you why you didn't get accepted?
    Some really generic and contradictory reasons yes... And there's some who didn't even have to interview...

ReputationRep:
    Some really generic and contradictory reasons yes... And there's some who didn't even have to interview...
    Was one of the reason because of grades?
    Also those who got accepted without an interview, what made them stand out?

ReputationRep:
    Not grade wise at all. I Met them an was even offered a different course with higher grade requirements. Apparently 2 years at my local NHS trust in a clinical setting wasn't enough commitment. And I have no idea what made him stood out. I definitely fulfilled the widening participation criteria as well.

ReputationRep:
    Not grade wise at all. I Met them an was even offered a different course with higher grade requirements. Apparently 2 years at my local NHS trust in a clinical setting wasn't enough commitment. And I have no idea what made him stood out. I definitely fulfilled the widening participation criteria as well.
    So I guess they look at your personal statement a lot

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

Because of how competitive this course is, your personal statement is what can set you apart from other applicants so yes it's really important.

If you have anything you'd like to ask about the course then let us know

Emma A

(Original post by Lazybutmotivated)
    So I guess they look at your personal statement a lot

ReputationRep:
    This thread may be of interest. Similar question to yours.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...650&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    Did you get invited for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theragingninja)
    Did you get invited for an interview?
    Nope and was given some pretty shaky reasons as to why. Although I was given the option to do biomed which I refuses as it would not lead me to medicine like the clinical science's course would.

Poll
Should gherkins be in burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.