Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Any other muslims just feel like leaving tsr recently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The hate and the constant defending your religion is getting to me and making me feel sick. problem is i like this site and most of its users and a lot of the threads are on helpful topics or worthwhile discussions. hate having to see stupid, uninformed posts about your religion, people`s anonymity means they can get way with hell on here and say stuff theyd never say in real life, i report this stuff,ive reported like 30 posts in the month but it just seems fruitless. i cant just ignore it, i try but it hurts seeing someone insult and victimise a big part of your life and just sitting there without replying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    The hate and the constant defending your religion is getting to me and making me feel sick. problem is i like this site and most of its users and a lot of the threads are on helpful topics or worthwhile discussions. hate having to see stupid, uninformed posts about your religion, people`s anonymity means they can get way with hell on here and say stuff theyd never say in real life, i report this stuff,ive reported like 30 posts in the month but it just seems fruitless. i cant just ignore it, i try but it hurts seeing someone insult and victimise a big part of your life and just sitting there without replying.
    If I was u I wouldn't give a monkey. These people are probably *** sitting at their computers chatting ****. If u leave TSR they win. Stay and they will be tired of making hate threads. Don't reply to these animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss987)
    If I was u I wouldn't give a monkey. These people are probably *** sitting at their computers chatting ****. If u leave TSR they win. Stay and they will be tired of making hate threads. Don't reply to these animals.
    i try but i cant really help it sometimes when theyre insulting one of the things i hold most sacred in my life, funny thing is i would never insult another religion like that,even if i didnt believe in say hinduism i would never say your religion is BS and youre wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame you for feelin that way bro, just don't pay attention to these ignorant trolls.....
    • Very Important Poster

Im surprised really because its a lot better than it was and I doubt you see the true extent of what gets removed. take a break if what remains is upsetting you.
    Dont forget there are a fair few anti western, anti christian and anti semitic posters as well.

don't man.ignore these trolls.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the keyboard warriors.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's hard, I get angry myself too, but what can you do? There's always going to be criticism and people have views that go against yours, it's just human nature. But it's not acceptable for people to change criticism into insult, which is what tends to happen.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You'll let them win if you leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Im surprised really because its a lot better than it was and I doubt you see the true extent of what gets removed. take a break if what remains is upsetting you.
    Dont forget there are a fair few anti western, anti christian and anti semitic posters as well.
    Ive seen some pretty horrific stuff, even if you dont believe in something is there no such thing as common respect and decency anymore?
    i myself report a lot of stuff, my last 15 updated post reports are on "racial and religious hatred" and i only reported a fraction of what i say. It has definitely increased in the wake of these terrorist attacks and i dont know what can be done tbh, maybe a break is the best option
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    People should be allowed to criticise any religion or faith.

I don't think it's right for anyone to attack individuals for their faith but I don't see why people shouldn't be able to say whatever they want about Islam though, it's not their problem if it's sacred to you, if you're offended feel free not to read it.

ReputationRep:
    It's more of a concept of people venting anger, I don't see it as anything sinister to be honest. If some members of a religion are going to carry out terrorist attacks on a regular basis- so far we have had an islamic terrorist attack every 2 months this year, if you go on the average (3 terrorist attacks in 6 months). I reckon it will all blow over when the attacks stop, if they do stop. It is having a genuine passion for something, I hate terrorists, the Koran doesn't help or cover itself in glory in a few areas but what people need to realise is religion is a story not the be all and end all. The Koran was wrote in the 7th century, radicals not only follow but carry out violent sections in the Koran- its a book, a story FFS, get a grip. We aren't killing people because the old testament incites hatred, like the attack this morning on muslims, It is a knee jerk reactionary attack on Islam in revenge for the attacks ISIS have carried out. I'm no expert on religion, but what makes me islamaphobic is the 23,000 Jihadhists which are known to our intelligence services, if you flip the coin on the other side, that 23,000 are just the ones we actually know about- but I do not see that as Islamaphobia on my side- why? a phobia is an irrational fear- it is not irrational to be scared of 23,000 terrorists- we do not know where they live and they may be ready to attack at any moment. What i will say is leaving the debate and walking away, will not make your problems go away, in fact it will make it worse, it will show more cowardice then the eyeties in 1943.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mediocre_One)
    People should be allowed to criticise any religion or faith.

I don't think it's right for anyone to attack individuals for their faith but I don't see why people shouldn't be able to say whatever they want about Islam though, it's not their problem if it's sacred to you, if you're offended feel free not to read it.
    Freedom of speech doesnt mean lets just go ham and insult the sh** out of everything, i dont see any other religions being insulted- try not to read it, you yourself try to go a day without seeing an islamophobic post on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    don't man.ignore these trolls.
    I don't think it's very just to call some of the comments trolling.

<cue the ugh it's him>

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for them. Already that gcx clown is here. Theyre all losers who spend soo much time on internet forums saying the same thing over and over again.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately people are saying disgusting things in the guise of 'critiquing a religion'.

There are ways to have an intelligent conversation without doing this. These people are finding their threads deleted. (Quite rightly so.)

With regards to venting anger- by all means do so- but aim your anger at those who really deserve it = the terrorists. Not the millions of people who happen to have read the same book as them.

This 'THEM vs US' diatribe needs to stop. Finsbury Park was a middle aged white guy- nobody is asking which book radicalised him.

Glad he ate her. I'm Glad to hear another voice of reason amongst the daily mail/ sun reading masses.

ReputationRep:
    You unironically use words like 'Islamophobia' and post stuff about 'Whites' sympathising with terror for identifying last night's attack as an act of revenge. Of course you're going to get called out on these things.

The fact that you can say stuff on TSR that would not be acceptable in the left-leaning, politically correct world inhabited by young people, where the validity of one's statements is of only a secondary importance to prevailing social norms and interpersonal relations, is a good thing. It allows frank, honest discussion, in addition to allowing people to channel their worst thoughts and have others call them out for having them.

If you can't handle secular criticism of what seems to be a faith-dominated life, you'd be well advised to grow a pair or lock yourself in ISOC. The truly unpleasant threads ('deport all Muslims' etc.) are removed by the CT rather promptly.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's important to identify why you become angry over the comments. Is it because they're attacking, or because they try to encourage you to question your views? I won't lie, there are some rather poor trolls on this website, but I also see many just comments being slammed for supposedly being attacking or offensive. I see that many of my comments are taken in an attacking manner, per the individual above, and I certainly don't intend them to be interpreted that way. Block the offending users and avoid such threads, if you find such comments to be personally upsetting, just avoid said threads. I won't get into the details, but I do see people being harassed for being "uninformed" on issues regarding Islam, when really they're just presenting an opinion that contradicts the other's views, and I think that that's often overlooked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fvckkk)
    I feel sorry for them. Already that gcx clown is here. Theyre all losers who spend soo much time on internet forums saying the same thing over and over again.
    Cheers mate. Honoured
    • Very Important Poster

Ive seen some pretty horrific stuff, even if you dont believe in something is there no such thing as common respect and decency anymore?
    i myself report a lot of stuff, my last 15 updated post reports are on "racial and religious hatred" and i only reported a fraction of what i say. It has definitely increased in the wake of these terrorist attacks and i dont know what can be done tbh, maybe a break is the best option
    Its only a small proportion of users and trolls. You cant get past the fact that some of them are racist and some dislike Muslims or Islam. You are also talking about people aged 14 upwards. If you add in the fact it is an internet forum, then its like other forums. I dont think it has increased from say the beginning of the year.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.