Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Any other muslims just feel like leaving tsr recently? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mediocre_One)
    There's a difference between spouting hatred and genuine criticism. If anything hate speech is found more commonly and easily in real life, I'm not advocating for hate speech to be celebrated.
    If it's honest genuine criticism then go speak to an imam and inform them of your thoughts and give them an opportunity to respond to your critiques and maybe listen I find it funny how you say Muslims are unwilling to listen and adapt yet you won't even give us a chance to defend ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    The hate and the constant defending your religion is getting to me and making me feel sick. problem is i like this site and most of its users and a lot of the threads are on helpful topics or worthwhile discussions. hate having to see stupid, uninformed posts about your religion, people`s anonymity means they can get way with hell on here and say stuff theyd never say in real life, i report this stuff,ive reported like 30 posts in the month but it just seems fruitless. i cant just ignore it, i try but it hurts seeing someone insult and victimise a big part of your life and just sitting there without replying.
    Yes TSR attracts its share of weirdos,that's inevitable, and as far as I can see it's impossible to have freedom of speech without some people abusing that freedom. I am certain that the huge majority of people on here would not want you to leave, nd it's just like going to live in London or Paris or wherever, if you give in to these idiots then they win.

Smile at their complete ignorance and move on, Please don't give in.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    ew i don't think i'll leave tsr as of now but i think from now i'll just be on the isoc thread:/
    well.. that didnt last long smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shredder-21)
    seriously f off what do you mean do I take offense when you say all my people are terrorist's and we want you all dead and we should be wiped off the floor of the earth- most of it is bs not real criticism
    As why are you on a student site you're a grown ass man, truly a sad existence ( I'm allowed to criticise you)
    The guy is a complete waste.No evidence to back up his claims and he keeps bashing Islam.Not even worth debating.

ReputationRep:
    I will stand my ground, be stronger than the hate and defend my religion if needs be. Don't leave. That's what these people want. To drive us away. Don't let them win! Stay strong💪💕
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Cod3tte)
    I will stand my ground, be stronger than the hate and defend my religion if needs be. Don't leave. That's what these people want. To drive us away. Don't let them win! Stay strong💪💕
    Good for you, I’ll give you your first chance to defend it right now.

How do you justify the prophet Mohammed marrying and having sex with a 9 year old Aisha?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lord_Mediocre)
    Good for you, I’ll give you your first chance to defend it right now.

How do you justify the prophet Mohammed marrying and having sex with a 9 year old Aisha?
    Why is it that all of you Islam bashing people can only seem to reference that? Its getting rather old hat as an attack goes not to mention it's a rather asinine arguement to justify bashing an entire religion.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Napp)
    Why is it that all of you Islam bashing people can only seem to reference that? Its getting rather old hat as an attack goes not to mention it's a rather asinine arguement to justify bashing an entire religion.
    It’s an extremely serious issue, one that’s causing a lot of problems in today’s society.

All of the prophets actions are Sunnah, hence this questions.

In a religion of perfection and absolutism in all sense this is one of the many great questions.

Personally it’s the best to ask especially when someone wants to stand up and defend Islam.

Don’t attack the questioning, provide your justification, how have you convinced yourself that this is okay, how do you sleep at night knowing this happened?

ReputationRep:
    Don't let the *******s keep you down.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It’s an extremely serious issue, one that’s causing a lot of problems in today’s society.

All of the prophets actions are Sunnah, hence this questions.

In a religion of perfection and absolutism in all sense this is one of the many great questions.

Personally it’s the best to ask especially when someone wants to stand up and defend Islam.

Don’t attack the questioning, provide your justification, how have you convinced yourself that this is okay, how do you sleep at night knowing this happened?
    For a religion of many facets you consider the most pressing and important question is to ask about a prophets sex life? Sounds like a lazy way of slandering the religion to be honest.
    How do i sleep at night? Very well, thanks for asking.
    Honestly? Because I could not give a flying **** about it. As far as acts go that was neither criminal nor particularly morally bankrupt for the life and times. Indeed it quite expressly states in law that you cannot hold someone guilty of a crime that was not an offence in the day [just to add another modern twist to your logic], retroactively judging someone through a modern moral framework is pure flimflamery of the rankest order. By this rather cute logic you can bash near enough every past leader, persons of influence etc.
    If you must insist on judging people by todays morals, and i am fairly certain your reply is going to be some waffle about 'the prophet being timeless blah blah blah' what is to say it is not the current population, who view these acts as abhorrent, that are actually the morally bankrupt..?

I should add that I am not making any excuses for the prophets aforementioned diddling of minors but I do object to people condemning actions from millennia ago because of how it is perceived today.

ReputationRep:
    i just learn now to take it seriously lmfao its not like they trolls are gonna learn anything if you try have a reasonable debate. there's not really any point in giving them the time of day, it'll just cause you stress
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Napp)
    For a religion of many facets you consider the most pressing and important question is to ask about a prophets sex life? Sounds like a lazy way of slandering the religion to be honest.
    Honestly? Because I could not give a flying **** about it. As far as acts go that was neither criminal nor particularly morally bankrupt for the life and times. Indeed it quite expressly states in law that you cannot hold someone guilty of a crime that was not an offence in the day [just to add another modern twist to your logic], retroactively judging someone through a modern moral framework is pure flimflamery of the rankest order. By this rather cute logic you can bash near enough every past leader, persons of influence etc.
    If you must insist on judging people by todays morals, and i am fairly certain your reply is going to be some waffle about 'the prophet being timeless blah blah blah' what is to say it is not the current population, who view these acts as abhorrent, that are actually the morally bankrupt..?

I should add that I am not making any excuses for the prophets aforementioned diddling of minors but I do object to people condemning actions from millennia ago because of how it is perceived today.
    What a load of absolute waffle. You’ve absolutely missed the point.

This isn’t just some guy or even some random mere mortal leader.

This man and his actions are held to the absolute highest regard, he’s the final messenger of god. Billions of people use his life as a template to a perfect way of living and he’s a paedophile!

That’s not exactly a minor thing, excuse the pun!

There’s a plethora of other inconsistencies relating to jihad, supposed scientific miracles etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even bother saying or debating anything about Islam on TSR any more, not even with other Muslims. I've experienced a lot of racism, prejudice and discrimination on here and the last thing I want to do is entertain keyboard warriors with a response. Most of the people who insult Islam on TSR while hiding behind Anonymous are probably fat, lazy, unemployed ****s who live in the North of England and have nothing better to do with their lives. Worse still, they keep popping up again after endless reported posts and banned accounts. I pity them.

Focus on yourself and just ignore these lowlifes. But if you enjoy TSR, don't quit - just keep posting in other sections that you're interested in. I take a lot of BS in the Relationships and Everyday Issues forums, so instead I post mainly in the Film and Music sections where I can share my passion and knowledge. I suggest you do the same - don't give nasty people a reason to keep posting more vitriol and spoiling TSR for everyone. Ignore the **** out of them and they will disappear eventually. Religion isn't the only thing you can write about on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)

Do you really think that the law is a moral framework?

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Don't let the *******s keep you down.
    Is this a reference to A handmaids tale? :holmes:

What a load of absolute waffle. You’ve absolutely missed the point.

This isn’t just some guy or even some random mere mortal leader.

This man and his actions are held to the absolute highest regard, he’s the final messenger of god. Billions of people use his life as a template to a perfect way of living and he’s a paedophile!

That’s not exactly a minor thing, excuse the pun!

There’s a plethora of other inconsistencies relating to jihad, supposed scientific miracles etc etc.
    It was perfectly normal for the age of consent to be very young back in those days. Obviously now times have changed and society has changed so we've now changed the age of consent to 16.

It's a no brainer really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwarf-Shortage)
    The hate and the constant defending your religion is getting to me and making me feel sick. problem is i like this site and most of its users and a lot of the threads are on helpful topics or worthwhile discussions. hate having to see stupid, uninformed posts about your religion, people`s anonymity means they can get way with hell on here and say stuff theyd never say in real life, i report this stuff,ive reported like 30 posts in the month but it just seems fruitless. i cant just ignore it, i try but it hurts seeing someone insult and victimise a big part of your life and just sitting there without replying.
    Before I start, I'd never bash you for being Muslim, but I would bash you for your atrocious grammar, good God son/hun - my grammar isn't perfect on TSR but if you're at uni you should at least be capitalizing the start of sentences (that's year 2).

Anyhows, back to the topic at hand. There's nothing that I hate more in life than educated stupid people.

The uneducated bigots I can just about bear (just), but those who've had advantages in life and the privileged of an education and are still so damn stupid (yes, bashing Muslims makes you pure The Scum reading Nazi-trash, whether you're Joe Blogs or have a PhD in mechanical engineering).

Please don't leave on account of the bigots, then we have one less sane person on TSR.

But please do improve your grammar lol.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    It was perfectly normal for the age of consent to be very young back in those days. Obviously now times have changed and society has changed so we've now changed the age of consent to 16.

so why follow a book that follows the morals of about 1500 years ago? The Qur'an hasn't changed to fit today's morals has it?

classic example of double standards once again, you defend him by saying different morals were followed back then yet you try to apply the book in today's society and moral framework lmao

ReputationRep:

So morals are determined by society?

I have come across some no-brainers in my time...

so why follow a book that follows the morals of about 1500 years ago? The Qur'an hasn't changed to fit today's morals has it?

classic example of double standards once again, you defend him by saying different morals were followed back then yet you try to apply the book in today's society and moral framework lmao
    Ur a bit stupid if u think those were morals lmao
    it was custom, the Quran doesn't say to specifically marry females at that age lol

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.