Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any other muslims just feel like leaving tsr recently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menna123)
    Sad thing is a lot of people don't understand the difference between criticism and insulting, everyone has the right to criticise Islam, or any other religion, but to spread hate and anger towards it is insulting and is vile. The fact that some people e.g. @rogeroxon take the time to make offensive comments is horrible. Criticism involves looking and the good and the bad, not devoting your life to spread hate and anger towards a religion that you wrongly claim does this things
    I openly acknowledge that there is some good in Islam however in my personal opinion, the bad does outweigh the good. Not to mention that I'm ideologically opposed to many of the social values of Islam due to their basis in conservatism.

Roger was not being offensive, though I'd be interested as to why you believe otherwise. I don't see any incorrect claims here either. Maybe I am missing something, in which case, do point it out!

ReputationRep:
    Look at all your comments about islam on other threads, they're countless, you're always bringing hate to a religion, which hasn't done anything to you directly. May I also please ask why you contribute to a thread which is for students, when you seem to have finished being a stundentr thirty years ago?
    People are free to contribute to the site as they wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourCaesar)
    Sorry white people, but we're (Muslims) taking over.
    Islam WILL be the majority here in the UK in 2-3 decades time. There's absolutely NOTHING you can do to stop it. Your politicians support us, your liberals do.

Every time a terrorist attack happens, you can't do sh1t mates.
    And here's another reason why this place is a total sh*thole and all the so-called "debaters" who love to "criticise" islam are total liars.

Poland is based.
    They accept no refugees? They get no terror attacks in return.
    Very clear that this user is acting as if hes a muslim, there's underlying hate for muslims here and no one seems to care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fvckkk)
    Im sure you do. But you replied to me when I was in another conversation and im talking in that context. Which funnily enough is a rhetoric ive heard many times.

There's nothing unconstructive about telling him to man up and express his views in public without fear of "left wingers political correctness" nonsense. Again, im speaking in that context here, this miscommunication is because of you.
    I did take it in context. Even given context, your comments were not constructive and did nothing to address the content of his post. You rather attacked based on some assumption.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shredder-21)
    Not liking someone because of their religion is also bigoted- tell me how day to day discussion of islam on ysr is critique, if you told someone to criticise your work theyd say what's good about it and what's bad about it but all I see is Bs
    In specifically said criticisms of all Muslims is wrong because the vast majority are law abiding and a credit to our society.

This has nothing to do with me discussing the religion and criticising any of its elements.

No single person alive today can take ownership of any religion so shouldn't take it personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    No. Criticism can be purely negative.

The problem is that many Muslims are so indoctrinated that they find offense in factual statements.
    seriously f off what do you mean do I take offense when you say all my people are terrorist's and we want you all dead and we should be wiped off the floor of the earth- most of it is bs not real criticism
    As why are you on a student site you're a grown ass man, truly a sad existence ( I'm allowed to criticise you)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    I did take it in context. Even given context, your comments were not constructive and did nothing to address the content of his post. You rather attacked based on some assumption.
    Nope and i've already explained why it was constructive earlier.

(Btw, trying to smear me by claiming im using ad hom and not being constructive isnt an argument)

ReputationRep:
    And here's another reason why this place is a total sh*thole and all the so-called "debaters" who love to "criticise" islam are total liars.

Very clear that this user is acting as if hes a muslim, there's underlying hate for muslims here and no one seems to care.
    Nah, i'm unironically a Muslim, I can prove it on Skype if you want.
    Anyway, I troll on both sides to spice things up, if it soothes you.

You literally can't refute that Islam will take over Europe, our Israeli friends are helping us with this too :^)

ReputationRep:

(Btw, trying to smear me by claiming im using ad hom and not being constructive isnt an argument)
    Further proof: I live in Luton and go to the Biscot Road mosque.
    My school's majority Muslim too.

ReputationRep:
    seriously f off what do you mean do I take offense when you say all my people are terrorist's and we want you all dead and we should be wiped off the floor of the earth- most of it is bs not real criticism
    As why are you on a student site you're a grown ass man, truly a sad existence ( I'm allowed to criticise you)
    These are disgusting accusations.

Such statements have not been made by prolific users on this forum.

Stop lying.

ReputationRep:
    Not liking someone because of their religion is also bigoted
    If 'bigoted' now comes to encompass 'assuming a position of objectivity and moral superiority', then I'm sad to see the direction postmodernism has taken us.

- tell me how day to day discussion of islam on ysr is critique, if you told someone to criticise your work theyd say what's good about it and what's bad about it but all I see is Bs
    You're talking of providing balance for balance's sake, a la CNN. That's not a convincing approach to take when you find a particularly institution repugnant in almost its entirety.

I agree with you that more of the benefits of Islam (particularly the consequential ones on its followers) should be explored by critics. It's a shame that the New Atheist trend of beginning to recognise the communal benefits of religion is ignored. However, given that most threads only focus on the intersection between Islam and violence or female rights, I'm not surprised that these areas are not covered.

Sorry white people, but we're (Muslims) taking over.
    Islam WILL be the majority here in the UK in 2-3 decades time. There's absolutely NOTHING you can do to stop it. Your politicians support us, your liberals do.

Every time a terrorist attack happens, you can't do sh1t mates.
    Sh*t bait, go away.

ReputationRep:

I was not attempting to make an argument.

ReputationRep:
    Look at all your comments about islam on other threads, they're countless, you're always bringing hate to a religion, which hasn't done anything to you directly.
    Quote one. Surely you can find one?

May I also please ask why you contribute to a thread which is for students, when you seem to have finished being a stundentr thirty years ago?
    I joined as my son applied to UK universities and my daughter will in a few years. He's too shy to post himself. I still remember enough maths, physics, engineering and computing to contribute to academic threads, and have plenty of real job experience to offer advise. My rep seems to indicate that I've been helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    These are disgusting accusations.

Stop lying.
    so no one has ever said on this site muslims should all be deported, they are not useful, islam is responsible for all deaths,cancerous religion,should be abolished

I see this on an almost daily basis, please

ReputationRep:
    I've NEVER said any of those things. You're delusional.

Yes, I support your right to criticise.

ReputationRep:
    so no one has ever said on this site muslims should all be deported, they are not useful, islam is responsible for all deaths,cancerous religion,should be abolished

I see this on an almost daily basis, please
    What? You were accusing Roger of saying such things. Unless you used "you" to generalise over an exceptionally large group.

And no, I have not seen a prolific user make similar claims.

(Original post by _gcx)
      I don't think it's very just to call some of the comments trolling.
      <cue the ugh it's him>
      lmao
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      I agree OP. I come for banter and to take alittle time off revision. But I usually just end up getting in a bad mood because of these religious forums. The point is, we are never going to agree with each other. Of course we won't. Otherwise we wont be classified as parts of two different ideologies!

But whats the point of attacking it if you don't seek to reach a conclusion?

Like you said OP, it's purely to spread hate.

Not cool man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Just avoid N&CA for a week or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I'd say people just need to come to a sense of reality, there are nice things and not so nice things, we can't expect things to go the way we want, make people say what we want to hear, read what we want to read, this isn't a utopia, everyone's brain is wired different from the way they were brought up, to the way they were educated, to the things they're exposed to etc.
      Obviously there are actions to take to try and minimise all of these bad things but as I said this isn't a utopia, you have to sometimes just grasp the concept of reality and either deal with it or keep being brought down by it.
      Maybe I'm just a heartless or a clueless person trying to act smart, who knows but no one can control your life, just you yourself and what you choose to do with it is your choice. Just my two cents in general for topics like these.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.