Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any other muslims just feel like leaving tsr recently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shredder-21)
    so no one has ever said on this site muslims should all be deported, they are not useful, islam is responsible for all deaths,cancerous religion,should be abolished

I see this on an almost daily basis, please
    >should be abolished
    Should, yet it CAN'T. Islam is the most powerful religion in the world.

ReputationRep:
    so no one has ever said on this site muslims should all be deported, they are not useful, islam is responsible for all deaths,cancerous religion,should be abolished

I see this on an almost daily basis, please
    WOULD YOU GET OUT? Your gross accusations LITERALLY CONTAMINATE MY OTHER SIDE. Take your vile views elsewhere!

ReputationRep:
    :tea: didn't know you were a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    What? You were accusing Roger of saying such things.
    no i wasnt he said muslims are so indoctrinates they cant take criticism of their religion and i wanted to show him exampled of "criticism" we get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    My rep seems to indicate that I've been helpful.
    I think we both know that rep is meaningless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    I think we both know that rep is meaningless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You mean you don't put it on your CV?

ReputationRep:
    no i wasnt he said muslims are so indoctrinates they cant take criticism of their religion and i wanted to show him exampled of "criticism" we get
    do I take offense when you say all my people are terrorist's
    Unless I've misinterpreted your statement, in which case I apologise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Unless I've misinterpreted your statement, in which case I apologise.
    i meant you as in the collective you ( those who apparently criticise islam), i should have been clearer

ReputationRep:
    The ignore function exists for a reason; use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    The hate and the constant defending your religion is getting to me and making me feel sick. problem is i like this site and most of its users and a lot of the threads are on helpful topics or worthwhile discussions. hate having to see stupid, uninformed posts about your religion, people`s anonymity means they can get way with hell on here and say stuff theyd never say in real life, i report this stuff,ive reported like 30 posts in the month but it just seems fruitless. i cant just ignore it, i try but it hurts seeing someone insult and victimise a big part of your life and just sitting there without replying.
    You know what just leave, i think i will- just look at the comments on your post, we are clearly not welcome here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You mean you don't put it on your CV?
    Sorry buddy :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    The hate and the constant defending your religion is getting to me and making me feel sick. problem is i like this site and most of its users and a lot of the threads are on helpful topics or worthwhile discussions. hate having to see stupid, uninformed posts about your religion, people`s anonymity means they can get way with hell on here and say stuff theyd never say in real life, i report this stuff,ive reported like 30 posts in the month but it just seems fruitless. i cant just ignore it, i try but it hurts seeing someone insult and victimise a big part of your life and just sitting there without replying.
    It's important to try and sift the wheat from the chaff.

Anonymous posters are simply cowards.

Anyone posting with a username specifically created to inflame (which goes for both sides of the argument) should be ignored because they are trolls or, I have my suspicions, that many are from political activists intent on stirring hatred and dividing communities. Especially the ones created on the same day with no prior posting history or user profile.

TSR has users worldwide and I'm sure some of these types of posts are from Da'esh supporters targeting both sides to anger and drive people towards extremism.

It's happened right here on TSR with Da'esh propaganda posters sending messages to users who they think may be a possible recruit and the same goes for far-left supporters who use the similar tactics to sow discontent, drive division and then step in as the only people with the political answer - their answer to bring down the existing government.

Do not fall into the trap that it's only extreme right wing sympathisers attacking Muslims. The extremists like Da'esh, can and do post vile attacks against Muslims (making it appear they are from an extreme right wing supporter) exactly because they want to create fear and division and then exploit the propaganda coups when physical violence is directed against innocent people. I make no distinction between faiths or no-faith or cultural identity.

You will know the people who are genuine. They are the ones who stand solid in the face of adversity - together with no distinction between race, creed or culture. Even if, at times, they challenge an ideology vociferously but with intelligence and always without resort to violence.

We are where we are. But there is no place for hatred within the society we have from whichever quarter it comes from.

ReputationRep:
    i meant you as in the collective you ( those who apparently criticise islam), i should have been clearer
    That is still too broad of a generalisation...

A distinction should be made between the new accounts that post trolling garbage and those who are rather prolific and post developed arguments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    That is still too broad of a generalisation...

A distinction should be made between the new accounts that post trolling garbage and those who are rather prolific and post developed arguments.
    Just like terrorists sully our name, they do yours

ReputationRep:
    Just like terrorists sully our name, they do yours
    Even when they do not identify with a common movement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Even when they do not identify with a common movement?
    Please like you and these trolls dont share a common ground-hatred of islam and muslims

ReputationRep:
    We must have the right to be able to criticise and mock religions and this should not be taken away simply because you feel offence. I'm sure you would object to the Quran being banned because it contains hate and potentially offensive things about non-Muslims, wouldn't you?

There's a reason it's Islam that is subject to so much scrutiny and ridicule as opposed to other religions. It's because it contains a lot of backward, primitive nonsense that is constantly trumpeted as perfect, universal and unchangeable. Until Muslims begin to move away from this claim then the criticism will continue.

People should be allowed to criticise Islam. It is extremely controversial and debate should be encouraged. If there are no debates and peoples ideas are not challenged they may have harmful views that have no justification. If you can't handle that leave or don't read it.

I know there are some absolute morons on here but a lot of the religious debates I have seen are fascinating!

ReputationRep:
    our secret plan must be working then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friffinghell)
    I'm quite sure they wouldn't feel the need to mention their religion if they didn't feel like it was constantly being attacked for completely spurious reasons.
    and you can ignore it and move on, how does other people wasting their time insulting something affect you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.