Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any other muslims just feel like leaving tsr recently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shredder-21)
    Please like you and these trolls dont share a common ground-hatred of islam and muslims
    I have stated before that I never have, and never will speak ill of Muslims on the basis of their religion.

They're human, and I treat them as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    We must have the right to be able to criticise and mock religions and this should not be taken away simply because you feel offence. I'm sure you would object to the Quran being banned because it contains hate and potentially offensive things about non-Muslims, wouldn't you?

There's a reason it's Islam that is subject to so much scrutiny, because it contains a lot of backward, primitive nonsense that is constantly trumpeted and perfect, universal and unchangeable. Until Muslims begin to move away from this claim then the criticism will continue.
    Criticism is not the same as insulting, if you were to have a real debate with me on the contents of the quran and the specific historical context some verses need to be put in, im more than happy to but spouting garbage like all muslims are terrorists, kill all muslims, should all be banned,religion should be abolished-thats not criticism

ReputationRep:
    If your religion is so sacred to you, then I don't see the problem is. I won't matter what people say, in that case, right? Unless they are spreading hate or comment personally (and even then), you cannot just shut them down. You can punish someone in the muslim world for being "dis" respectful of the religion, but that is the tyranny and oppression of Africa and the ME. Be glad that people in Europe can express or vent without some religious cleric or government "disappearing" them or throwing them in the slammer -- or beheading or stoning them. Get used to a little criticism. It can be a good thing. Nothing should be so sacred, anyway. So get over it. Grow up. Join the free world. And tell your fellow muslim brothers and other men (I see your beefy gladiator icon, the machoism is apparent) to stop stoning women. THAT is offensive. And it is done in the name of ALLAH and Islam. Maybe you should not cherish a religion that allows that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    I have stated before that I never have, and never will speak ill of Muslims on the basis of their religion.

They're human, and I treat them as such.
    You may say that but forgive me for doubting that in real life you are as loving of muslims as you apparently outwardly appear to be

ReputationRep:
    Criticism is not the same as insulting, if you were to have a real debate with me on the contents of the quran and the specific historical context some verses need to be put in, im more than happy to but spouting garbage like all muslims are terrorists, kill all muslims, should all be banned,religion should be abolished-thats not criticism
    But most people don't say those things you mentioned. The ones that do are in the tiny minority and they're almost always instantly recognisable trolls who get banned quickly.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by _gcx)
    What? You were accusing Roger of saying such things. Unless you used "you" to generalise over an exceptionally large group.

And no, I have not seen a prolific user make similar claims.
    Thats because they would be removed but I see such threads on a regular basis by the regular trolls.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I rarely see comments of that nature except for trolls on dupe accounts who don't care about getting banned. Such posts are against forum rules and are deleted quickly.

ReputationRep:
    But most people don't say those things you mentioned. The ones that do are in the tiny minority and they're almost always instantly recognisable trolls who get banned quickly.
    Majority of alt right on here is outwardly islamophobic and i dont doubt for a second they say these things, who then is it making these troll accounts?

ReputationRep:
    You may say that but forgive me for doubting that in real life you are as loving of muslims as you apparently outwardly appear to be
    You have no basis to make such an accusation, though. I honestly find it rather sad that people would assume that I would act as such

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    The hate and the constant defending your religion is getting to me and making me feel sick. problem is i like this site and most of its users and a lot of the threads are on helpful topics or worthwhile discussions. hate having to see stupid, uninformed posts about your religion, people`s anonymity means they can get way with hell on here and say stuff theyd never say in real life, i report this stuff,ive reported like 30 posts in the month but it just seems fruitless. i cant just ignore it, i try but it hurts seeing someone insult and victimise a big part of your life and just sitting there without replying.
    Your and I forefathers most likely fought, to some extent, protect freedom of thought and expression. You are doing them a massive disservice by feeling offended over criticism to religion.

Nothing in life is free of criticism, so shut up and deal with it. You'll tackle larger obstacles in the real world.

ReputationRep:
    Majority of alt right on here is outwardly islamophobic and i dont doubt for a second they say these things, who then is it making these troll accounts?
    oh no

ReputationRep:
    Simply criticising Islam is not "islamaphobic" and it's obvious fact that the majority of posts are not calling for the death of all Muslims or asserting they're all terrorists. No idea who these trolls are.

(Original post by Ciel.)
    Hmm, I think this kind of goes both ways. Of course, random trolling, insults is a big no but people should still be allowed to criticize any religion freely. I've seen quite a few muslims on tsr criticising non-muslims too - e.g. saying how sinful it is to be gay and so on. Yet they don't get banned because it's their religion'
    totally 100% agree with that.
    Whilst nobody should be attacked for their religion beliefs dont have an inherent right to be respected people do so if people want their beliefs to be respected they shouldn't attack other people. respect goes both way

ReputationRep:
    Can a support team member close this thread or delete it now, ive made up my mind

ReputationRep:
    The hate and the constant defending your religion is getting to me and making me feel sick. the problem is i like this site and most of its users and a lot of the threads are on helpful topics or worthwhile discussions. hate having to see stupid, uninformed posts about your religion, people`s anonymity means they can get way with hell on here and say stuff theyd never say in real life, i report this stuff,ive reported like 30 posts in the month but it just seems fruitless. i cant just ignore it, i try but it hurts seeing someone insult and victimize a big part of your life and just sitting there without replying.
    Imma just recommends Reddit at this point. Whilst there is similar debate in the world news subreddit, the 6th form subreddit is nothing in comparison to this bullcrap. Yes there's a good amount of memes but this constant barrage of undisguised venom and hatred is pretty tiring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Your and I forefathers most likely fought, to some extent, protect freedom of thought and expression. You are doing them a massive disservice by feeling offended over criticism to religion.

Nothing in life is free of criticism, so shut up and deal with it. You'll tackle larger obstacles in the real world.
    Freedom of speech- so i can now outwardly hate jews and if youre offended, thats your problem,got it

ReputationRep:
    Simply criticising Islam is not "islamaphobic" and it's obvious fact that the majority of posts are not calling for the death of all Muslims or asserting they're all terrorists. No idea who these trolls are.
    Those who have real criticisms of islam based on study and knowledge are a minority on this site, most take one verse advocating killing of non muslims and think not of the specific histrocial context of the verse- prophet and his followers being persecuted and hunted and the fact that it was wartime. Valid criticism i have no qualms with, pure insults are just stupid

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of speech doesnt mean lets just go ham and insult the sh** out of everything, i dont see any other religions being insulted- try not to read it, you yourself try to go a day without seeing an islamophobic post on here
    Just going to address the last point there but have you seen the amount of disgusting,backward views that circulate on in the ISOC threads? I've seen ISOCers condone domestic abuse, gay conversion therapy, oppose equal rights for women, condone the persecution of Ahmadis and I've even seen one condone the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

Seriously, some of those members do not help themselves at all. If you look at other religious socs they're nowhere near as backward. I'm head of the Hindu soc and we're very chilled and liberal. The amount of times I've seen some ISOCers try to back all of those things I mentioned above with that beloved book of fairytales is unreal.

You can't take the criticism of your faith? Ignore the threads. But please don't go around screaming Islamophobia like a child whenever someone points out the bad parts of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Those who have real criticisms of islam based on study and knowledge are a minority on this site, most take one verse advocating killing of non muslims and think not of the specific histrocial context of the verse- prophet and his followers being persecuted and hunted and the fact that it was wartime. Valid criticism i have no qualms with, pure insults are just stupid
    And most of our criticism is based on Islamic doctrine.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    OP bro, I recommend just ignoring those forums. I know it's hard to turn a blind eye to them. But there's nothing we can do.

Just save yourself the stress and live happily

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.