Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Why are guys so put of by sexual partners a women has? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is a 'spin off' but a lot of guys are really put off buy a women having 15 sexual partners?
    Firstly women can easily lie and secondly, if a women is std free then why does it matter?
    I don't know one women that cares if a man has slept with lots people but when a women has it's a taboo.
    And what is funny is that a lot of guys claim they want an "experienced" women but don't want a high number of partners.
    So men of tsr, what is the real reason for not wanting a women having 15 sexual partners.
    Inb4 "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself". Lol no I have not.

ReputationRep:
    People can have whatever standards/preferences when looking for a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    People can have whatever standards/preferences when looking for a relationship.
    I know that is not what I asked.
    I asked why men are put of by a women having 15 sexual partners?

ReputationRep:
    15 partners? wtf bru...

ReputationRep:
    Insecurities maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    15 partners? wtf bru...
    Do you consider 15 a lot?

ReputationRep:
    For me, it shows that we're very different and probably not compatible. I'm speaking anecdotally, but in my experience all the girls I've known, that have had a high number of partners, are the types that always need attention and that's not someone I want to be with. That said, I don't go around asking all the girls I know how many people they've slept with, so maybe it's just the ones that are more vocal about it that're like that?

I don't know of many guys who say they want experienced women tbh. I mean aside the ones into mothers they'd like to have intercourse with (why is the acronym m*lf on the swear filter? :lol:).

ReputationRep:
    What would be your impression of an addict who has tried quitting 15 times? Obviously the context matters, but if they were failed relationships, I would care.
    And yes, there is a stigma around boys who have slept around too much, ever heard the term ****boy

ReputationRep:
    It could be because of their insecurity and perhaps the whole mentality of "virgin = pure = good girl". Personally, when I've mentioned my past partners to my current bf, he has always avoided the topic and tried to not talk about it too much. I've noticed that he tends to compare himself and feels very anxious when I bring it up. Maybe it is the thought that he is not good enough or perhaps societal views on how a girl "shouldn't" have that many partners in bed.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Because us guys are hypocrites and insecure sometimes :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    What would be your impression of an addict who has tried quitting 15 times? Obviously the context matters, but if they were failed relationships, I would care.
    And yes, there is a stigma around boys who have slept around too much, ever heard the term ****boy
    Is this a joke? ****boi is more about a guys behaviour not sexual partners lol
    Why are you comparing an addict to sexual partners? V weird.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Near enough all the guys that have that belief system don't have to worry anyway. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    For me, it shows that we're very different and probably not compatible. I'm speaking anecdotally, but in my experience all the girls I've known, that have had a high number of partners, are the types that always need attention and that's not someone I want to be with. That said, I don't go around asking all the girls I know how many people they've slept with, so maybe it's just the ones that are more vocal about it that're like that?

I don't know of many guys who say they want experienced women tbh. I mean aside the ones into mothers they'd like to have intercourse with (why is the acronym m*lf on the swear filter? :lol:).
    You are entitled to your own preferences I guess.
    I just find it funny how men want a Virgin but complains she is crap in bed. Trust me I have heard it soo many times that men want an experienced girl and knows what she is doing. It's like women can't win. Virgin=bad too much sexual partners=too bad
    The male gender is v strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Near enough all the guys that have that belief system don't have to worry anyway. :lol:
    Lol true babes that's so true
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I know that is not what I asked.
    I asked why men are put of by a women having 15 sexual partners?
    I feel as though giving an honest answer will upset a fair few on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Because us guys are hypocrites and insecure sometimes :lol:
    J'adore your honesty.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more common to see those views online, I have only come across a couple guys in real life who cared.
    Some will try use biology to justify their misogyny, the whole men are meant to spread their seed. However, women used to have sex with multiple men during ovulation so the strongest sperm fertilised the egg. So in that case it's okay for women to have lots of sexual partners as long as they are ovulating.
    Then there's the whole it's easier for women to get sex. That's not our fault though, if some men were more selective it would be more of an equal ground, but no, it's always blamed on the woman.

I know some people see sex as something special that should only be done with someone you love. That's fine. It's guys who have had lots of sexual partners yet criticize girls for doing the same that I have a problem with.

ReputationRep:
    The same reason why you wouldn't put a used tampon up there again for a second time.

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is a 'spin off' but a lot of guys are really put off buy a women having 15 sexual partners?
    Firstly women can easily lie and secondly, if a women is std free then why does it matter?
    I don't know one women that cares if a man has slept with lots people but when a women has it's a taboo.
    And what is funny is that a lot of guys claim they want an "experienced" women but don't want a high number of partners.
    So men of tsr, what is the real reason for not wanting a women having 15 sexual partners.
    Inb4 "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself". Lol no I have not.
    We don't want a girl that's been used lile a whore simple as that. Men can plow the ladies, it's accepted and rightfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are entitled to your own preferences I guess.
    I just find it funny how men want a Virgin but complains she is crap in bed. Trust me I have heard it soo many times that men want an experienced girl and knows what she is doing. It's like women can't win. Virgin=bad too much sexual partners=too bad
    The male gender is v strange.
    There's a middle ground and tbh no one is stopping women from sleeping around as much as they want, plenty of guys aren't gonna care.
    It's no different to how some girls get put off by both virgins and **** bois. Most people just want someone normal, with a similar count to themselves lol.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.