Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Why are guys so put of by sexual partners a women has? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I actually agree with what you said I guess. But in honestly it sounds like insecurity.
    It is partially insecurity.

The other half is the obvious suggestion that it means she doesn't want commitment. And if you yourself actually want commitment and you are just considering chasing her... Well yeah, obviously it will put you off because chances are, it's going to be a lot harder to get a girl to commit if the girl has slept with 18 people rather than 1...

And it also isn't rational. It's just a bit ew. That's just innate. There isn't much of a reason for it. But it's definitely repulsive for me to think about. I don't think it affects girls quite as much. I talk a lot about my sex experiences with girls and they don't mind. However when a girl that I have slept with talks to me about her sex experiences afterwards it leaves me extremely uncomfortable, even when I have absolutely no emotional interest in them. It's weird. I obviously want them to enjoy themselves, have amazing sex etc. Yet there's something innate that makes me dislike the thought ofi t and I cannot discuss it for long without my mood being affected.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I am right and so are you
    So why r so many guys on this thread denying it?
    I guess it’s like an insecurity embedded into our nature, so it doesn’t come acorss like an insecurity psychologically but subconsciously it is. Like a guy probably wouldn’t think “is my penis bigger than the other guys” instead he’d think something like “gross, thats a lot of penises, not sure if I want to go there”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    true, many girls are really not happy about guys sleeping around either ...and i've said this before, but the word ****boy was almost certainly created by a disgruntled female..............
    it's such a stupid word :lol: :rofl: I swear I had never heard of it until like 2-3 years ago... whoever came up with it, she could've been a bit more creative :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is a 'spin off' but a lot of guys are really put off buy a women having 15 sexual partners?
    Firstly women can easily lie and secondly, if a women is std free then why does it matter?
    I don't know one women that cares if a man has slept with lots people but when a women has it's a taboo.
    And what is funny is that a lot of guys claim they want an "experienced" women but don't want a high number of partners.
    So men of tsr, what is the real reason for not wanting a women having 15 sexual partners.
    Inb4 "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself". Lol no I have not.
    Because sleeping around shows little self respect. No one wants a girl with no dignity, insecure or not.

ReputationRep:
    Some of these replies are showing that most straight men truly have no respect for women which is sad. They are only attracted to us, nothing more.
    As an 18 year old with a conservative attitude to sex, these men are grim and disgusting and quite frankly their vulgar attitudes reveal more about themselves than other women.

"Used goods"... this reflects the backwards ideas of Victorian England where women were merely property to be wagered off to another man. The fact that male chastity isn't held to the same standard reveals their explicit sexism - and quite frankly, why would a girl want anything to do with a man who is clearly so shallow and insipid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    MAYNE dat **** was clean werent it?! I read it from the HOLY BOOK OF GAINZ after I finished praying to LAWD GAINZ
    That was CLEEEAAAANNNN.........

Mayyyyyyyyynnneeeeeee you got some holy action goin!! Ain't no demons gonna be suckin you owff n breaking your back

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is a 'spin off' but a lot of guys are really put off buy a women having 15 sexual partners?
    Firstly women can easily lie and secondly, if a women is std free then why does it matter?
    I don't know one women that cares if a man has slept with lots people but when a women has it's a taboo.
    And what is funny is that a lot of guys claim they want an "experienced" women but don't want a high number of partners.
    So men of tsr, what is the real reason for not wanting a women having 15 sexual partners.
    Inb4 "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself". Lol no I have not.
    Lel love how you question why its stigmatised but then finish your point with "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself".

Anyhow I think any deviation from the norm is questioned, be it virgin particularly with men but also "excessive" partners.
    High amount of partners could signal other issues.

ReputationRep:
    Depends.

As a guy if I'm not looking for anything meaningful it doesn't matter, just use protection.

If I want a meaningful relationship then there is an element of scepticism because the interaction itself can be less meaningful to the other person and you could just be another number. Everyone wants to be special to the person who is special to them.

ReputationRep:
    They want to be the alpha "hoe"

Spoiler:
    Show

disclaimer: i'm not saying women with X many sexual partners are hoes.

ReputationRep:
    im not fussed, if she hasn't got STD and she's good looking, she can be ma wifey. At the end of the day it's natual to have sex and most of us have different sex drive. Mine is not as high, but i can respect the fact that the women needed to sleep with a lot of people. lol

Future.

ReputationRep:
    Because I think it makes them look cheap and easy, the feeling gets taken away when you know the train already left the station 30+ times.

I would not go sleep with 30+ people hence I don't find it attractive when some desperate girl has

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourGoddamnRight)
    I'm guessing your one of those lost feminists, so I'm not even going to argue because you've already taken it the wrong way, and nobody can win when arguing with you people.
    Dont play the feminist card some soft guys are always whining about feminists. Eitherway if expressing dislike at being thought of as a tampon or piece of meat 'used goods' is feminism then surely its a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lm)
    Because sleeping around shows little self respect. No one wants a girl with no dignity, insecure or not.
    I dont get this self respect thing, if a girl enjoys sex how the hell is she disrepecting herself.. do you think that your mate who sleeps around is disrespecting himself?

ReputationRep:
    Lol most of these comments are purely to just trigger females
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I read the first two pages and gave up.

The double standards were too much to handle.

Guess men just want to feel like they are special for getting a certain woman in bed and that they are not just one out of many other men who did that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inthedark1)
    I dont get this self respect thing, if a girl enjoys sex how the hell is she disrepecting herself.. do you think that your mate who sleeps around is disrespecting himself?
    It's the same for boys and girls. 'Lad culture' is just as degrading for guys involved. It's all down to the opinion. But I wouldn't be interested in someone who has meaningless sex frequently; it is not attractive. It should be special and it should be savoured, not dished out like its nothing. I would have difficulty developing a meaningful relationship with someone who has such a 'decorated' past with people they had no attachment to.

ReputationRep:
    Insecurity

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    I read the first two pages and gave up.

The double standards were too much to handle.

Guess men just want to feel like they are special for getting a certain woman in bed and that they are not just one out of many other men who did that.
    Well as I've said in this thread, attraction isn't rational. Double standards are a problem in a rational framework. Animals, including humans, are far from purely rational. People are trying to logically justify their preferences, and failing. Personally, I see no need to try so hard. We prefer what we prefer. It's hard to change, and generally pointless to dwell on. I suppose a lot of people have a problem admitting their irrationality in this regard.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this little saying somewhere, even though I don't agree with it, but it's this:
    If a key can open many locks, then it's a good key, but if a lock can be opened by many keys, then it's not a good lock.
    I just don't even know tbh but this has always stuck with me weirdly like I don't like it but it kinda makes sense I guess I don't even know
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    If it's not serious then it doesn't matter to me how many partners she's had. If we're talking about a relationship however, fewer partners is preferable because it demonstrates a reticence to sleep with people on a whim.

That being said, I don't tend to ask about it and women with a high number will knock a few off anyway. After all, if you're in a sexual relationship with someone, you know how reticent she was.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.