The Student Room Group

How do I tell my parents I don't want to be vegetarian anymore?

So I went vegetarian nearly 4 years ago (I was 13) because it was kinda cool at the time and all my friends were, but now I'm turning 17 and for about 6 months I've been thinking I want to go back to eating meat. So how should I tell my parents I feel a bit embarrassed to tell them for some reason but I mean I know they won't care (actually they'll probably be relieved that they don't have te deal with it anymore) ahh plz help me! Thx ^.^
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Monmo74
So I went vegetarian nearly 4 years ago (I was 13) because it was kinda cool at the time and all my friends were, but now I'm turning 17 and for about 6 months I've been thinking I want to go back to eating meat. So how should I tell my parents I feel a bit embarrassed to tell them for some reason but I mean I know they won't care (actually they'll probably be relieved that they don't have te deal with it anymore) ahh plz help me! Thx ^.^

"Mum/Dad, I don't want to be vegetarian anymore"
Hey mum I want that fried chicken like noww
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Well. It may be simple but I think you're probs right.. I need to stop overthinking it! Thank you good Sir/Madame for your wise words of wisdom! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Seriously? Because it was 'cool'? And now you want to start eating animals again?...... That's really sad...
But just tell them, it's not a big deal. It's not like you're coming out to them as a lesbian lol
Original post by Monmo74

Heey :smile:
why have you been thinking about eating meat again just out of interest
Yum bacon, beef burgers, spicy wings, fried chicken, sausages, steak

tell them now
Reply 7
Original post by kreamlearns
Heey :smile:
why have you been thinking about eating meat again just out of interest

Uh well like I said I only really became vegetarian because all my friends were doing it and it was trendy at my school.. I think I'm just kinda ready to move on now and leave that year 8 me behind.

Also I ****ing love bacon lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Teenage Hype
Yum bacon, beef burgers, spicy wings, fried chicken, sausages, steak

tell them now

Yum? Ugh.
Original post by Ciel.

Yum? Ugh.

I'm just that selfish. Sorry!

I feel bad but at the same time, I'd rather not lower my quality of life by living on a restricted diet.
Reply 10
I'm just that selfish. Sorry!

I feel bad but at the same time, I'd rather not lower my quality of life by living on a restricted diet.

WYour quality of life will be lower because you can't eat a hamburger.... But what about them? Their whole, life is frigging torture... It's your choice in the end but maybe you should give yourself a few more days to think about it
Edit: oops, thought you were the OP
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous

/thread

But shame you had to post on anon though :frown:
1. Buy the biggest lamb shank you can find.
2. Cook it.
3. Strut around in front of them as you tear the seared flesh from the bone with your teeth.
it was "cool"
so u turned vegetarian just cause ur friends were doing it?wow

anyways just tell them that u don't want to be vegetarian anymore.u shouldn't be overthinking it
Original post by Ciel.
WYour quality of life will be lower because you can't eat a hamburger.... But what about them? Their whole, life is frigging torture... It's your choice in the end but maybe you should give yourself a few more days to think about it
Edit: oops, thought you were the OP

Oh I'm just a random person, me.

Like I said, I'm sorry, I'm too selfish. Acutally yes, the taste of meat has a unique satiation that I cannot get from anywhere else, which is hard to describe.

Unfortunately it means the suffering of other animals, but it is what it is.

I won't worsen my quality of life, our lives are hard enough don't you agree?
Reply 15
Oh I'm just a random person, me.

Like I said, I'm sorry, I'm too selfish. Acutally yes, the taste of meat has a unique satiation that I cannot get from anywhere else, which is hard to describe.

Unfortunately it means the suffering of other animals, but it is what it is.

I won't worsen my quality of life, our lives are hard enough don't you agree?

Comparing to the lives of animals, or even our ancestors? Nah, I don't think they are to be honest.
Really heart-breaking to see this

I guess it's your choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Ciel.
Seriously? Because it was 'cool'? And now you want to start eating animals again?...... That's really sad...
But just tell them, it's not a big deal. It's not like you're coming out to them as a lesbian lol

Uh yep, that about sums it up. Tbh I don't really give 2 shits if you think "that's really sad" because u know what makes me sad? Watching all of my family enjoy a nice BBQ together while I sit in the corner and nibble at a potato bc there's nothing for me to eat every week and the fact that I cause my own mother stress because she has to cook 2 meals every night..

Edit: also you can spout all that ethical stuff at me if you want but I have a vegan friend who likes to regularly tell me all these things and send me photos/ videos of slaughter houses, so if that hasn't made me want to stay vegetarian you won't. (soz) and as a reference to your post before where you mistook the other person for me, like I said in my original post it's been 6 months so I don't think "a few more days" will change my decision.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Monmo74
Uh yep, that about sums it up. Tbh I don't really give 2 shits if you think "that's really sad" because u know what makes me sad? Watching all of my family enjoy a nice BBQ together while I sit in the corner and nibble at a potato bc there's nothing for me to eat every week and the fact that I cause my own mother stress because she has to cook 2 meals every night..

Edit: also you can spout all that ethical stuff at me if you want but I have a vegan friend who likes to regularly tell me all these things and send me photos/ videos of slaughter houses, so if that hasn't made me want to stay vegetarian you won't. (soz) and as a reference to your post before where you mistook the other person for me, like I said in my original post it's been 6 months so I don't think "a few more days" will change my decision.

Well, what can I say... Enjoy eating corpses I guess.
Original post by Ciel.
Comparing to the lives of animals, or even our ancestors? Nah, I don't think they are to be honest.

Rofl ok, it's all relative. Life is hard as it is, and it always was. I choose to eat meat, sorry but it is what it is, and it will demand will continue to exist indefinitely that's just the harsh truth of it.

I understand it's immoral but like I said BEFORE (scroll up), I'm too selfish to give up my quality of life to reduce demand for a demerit good that will never be zero!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending