Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

** aqa statistics 2017 gcse ** Watch

ReputationRep:
    There was no thread for AQA statistics so I thought I would make one, how confident is everyone feeling about this exam?

ReputationRep:
    hype

ReputationRep:
    Its just easy maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenKennedy55)
    There was no thread for AQA statistics so I thought I would make one, how confident is everyone feeling about this exam?
    Okish i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bace1000)
    hype
    (Original post by maxharrison01)
    Its just easy maths.
    How did everyone find the exam?
    I found it decent

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is a Z chart lmao, found it okay, mixture of hard and easy questions, no middling questions haha

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is a Z chart lmao, found it okay, mixture of hard and easy questions, no middling questions haha
    IKR!!!!
    It was a weird question, i think boundaries this year will be slightly lower perhaps 84 for an A*
    Last years paper was piss easy compared to this year, don't get me wrong it was ok but a lot wordier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianG99)
    How did everyone find the exam?
    I found it decent
    IKR!!!!
    It was a weird question, i think boundaries this year will be slightly lower perhaps 84 for an A*
    Last years paper was piss easy compared to this year, don't get me wrong it was ok but a lot wordier

Yeah. That Z-Chart sh*t was so bad. How were we supposed to find the percentage decrease in prices from a year that wasn't even on the graph? I guessed it was something to do with the top part of the z. Ugh

What the what are dot plots? I spent about 15 minutes staring at the page until I figured it was just some weird looking pictogram.

And yeah, last year's one was so easy.

Did anyone get that question about multistage sampling? Like, seriously! It wasn't in any textbooks or exercise books. After the exam, we all went rushing to our teacher shouting and swearing about what in God's name is multistage sampling, and even she didn't know.

Like, the grade boundaries are going to be so low for this. They can't put multistage sampling, z-charts, comparative pie charts, dot plots and a bunch of other sh*t in an exam that's already supposed to be hard and make high grade boundaries.

This one was by far the hardest out of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

On the whole, I think that I'm going to get a rubbish grade. The worst part is that I asked my teacher and she said that we can't even resit it next year if we're not happy with our grade. Ugh!

To be honest, at least our lot all went out to Pizza Hut afterwards!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDûr)
    Yeah. That Z-Chart sh*t was so bad. How were we supposed to find the percentage decrease in prices from a year that wasn't even on the graph? I guessed it was something to do with the top part of the z. Ugh

What the what are dot plots? I spent about 15 minutes staring at the page until I figured it was just some weird looking pictogram.

Did anyone get that question about multistage sampling? Like, seriously! It wasn't in any textbooks or exercise books. After the exam, we all went rushing to our teacher shouting and swearing about what in God's name is multistage sampling, and even she didn't know.

Like, the grade boundaries are going to be so low for this. They can't put multistage sampling, z-charts, comparative pie charts, dot plots and a bunch of other sh*t in an exam that's already supposed to be hard and make high grade boundaries.

On the whole, I think that I'm going to get a rubbish grade. The worst part is that I asked my teacher and she said that we can't even resit it next year if we're not happy with our grade. Ugh!

Multi stage was bulls**t i have the syllabus book and its not even in there every other sampling method was
    i have also done 2011-2016 papers this paper was wayyy harder

ReputationRep:
    Multi stage was bulls**t i have the syllabus book and its not even in there every other sampling method was
    i have also done 2011-2016 papers this paper was wayyy harder
    Lol true dat

ReputationRep:
    Lol true dat
    5 marks on multi stage is a joke

ReputationRep:
    5 marks on multi stage is a joke
    Yeah, Christ. All of us were just having a go at the idiot who set these questions. If the grade boundaries are too high (e.g. more than 75/80 for A*), I really want a word with him/her.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Christ. All of us were just having a go at the idiot who set these questions. If the grade boundaries are too high (e.g. more than 75/80 for A*), I really want a word with him/her.
    I need 168ums for an A* overall
    I don't think its likely because i think i've got at best 85 but thats at best
    Pretty annoyed with AQA but gonna start C1 and maybe S1 for a level maths this summer
    A Levels Are Hard is what a lotta students are saying

ReputationRep:
    oh damn am i literally the only person that was running out of time and had to really rush from about question 11/12

ReputationRep:
    What textbook do you have? It was in ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasmineeecarsonn)
    oh damn am i literally the only person that was running out of time and had to really rush from about question 11/12
    This paper was way longer i swear
    Usually it would take me about an hour to do a stats paper
    this took me 1h 40mins

ReputationRep:

Hey!! The Multistage is pretty simple. It's using a sample such as a cluster and then further reducing it using stratified etc. We got told to expect that

By dot plots I guess you're meaning the test score results how it was in 4 sections and it showed you the results? We didn't learn that but I figured it out I guess

Z charts were erm.. unusual. I thought they'd make us finish the running total but nope.

Comparative pie charts I was sooo happy with. I lit recapped it before going in. You basically had to use area = pie x radius squared and then find a scale factor and then find the cost of online sales.

I took the higher, I'm not sure about you. But I'm stoked about the paper, I feel I did well. I wish you good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Official aqa have made the grade boundaries for the statistics test this year at 76%, it's on their website !!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    They released a statement on their website and twitter earlier today !!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a cool guy)
    They released a statement on their website and twitter earlier today !!!!!!!!
    Where?
    Boundaries don't get released till night before results day

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.