Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Swap to FrenchHello,
    I am currently preparing my applications for an undergraduate level (philosophy, politics and economics) and am currently in first ES class. My primary goals (though almost unachievable) are Oxford and LSE.
    So I had some questions about the "Education" part:
    - For universities like these is it good that I enter my patent notes (17,33 of average)?
    - Do I have to return my newsletters? If so, how and in what years?
    - "Qualification" refers to past examinations or also the results of continuous monitoring / bulletins?
    - Do you have an idea of ​​the newsletters expected by these universities?
    - Do I have to enter my grades?
    - Always in "education" we have to make a choice between "below honors degree qualification", "honors degree or above qualification" or "i will have no qualifications" what should I choose and especially what does it Really means?
    thank you in advance
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbellens)
    Swap to FrenchHello,
    I am currently preparing my applications for an undergraduate level (philosophy, politics and economics) and am currently in first ES class. My primary goals (though almost unachievable) are Oxford and LSE.
    - For universities like these is it good that I enter my patent notes (17,33 of average)?
    - "Qualification" refers to past examinations or also the results of continuous monitoring / bulletins?
    - Always in "education" we have to make a choice between "below honors degree qualification", "honors degree or above qualification" or "i will have no qualifications" what should I choose and especially what does it Really means?
    thank you in advance
    I'm just going to comment that this is difficult to understand, but I'll break your questions down into the answers you need.
    1) Can you explain if these are public exams ( i.e ones where you have a Certificate from outside)
    2) Probably not
    3) They don't need year by year, but one reference from your school
    4) YES, enter all certified exams- guessing you are french so the bac etc
    5) Below Honours degree level qualifications, unless you have no public exams- it's just really relevant for transfers/Medics entering UG courses after a UG degree.
    If you have any more questions, reply
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Swap to FrenchHello,
    thank you in advance
    Have you just Google Translated that?

Which country are you in?

And for which year of entry are you applying... 2017 or 2018?

Do you have IELTS or similar English language qualifications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Yes sorry I just translated that because I didn't have the time.
    I am French and I am going to apply in September for 2018 entry.
    By saying "newsletters" google trad would said school report.

So I fixed this bad translation :

I am currently preparing my applications for an undergraduate course : PPE (philosophy, politics and economics) and I am currently studying economics, history, social sciences, English, Spanish, Italian, literature, geography, maths and further maths, sciences and philosophy.
    My primary goals (though almost unachievable) are Oxford and LSE.
    So I had some questions about the "Education" part on UCAS:
    - For universities like these is it good that I enter my junior school certificate (17,33/20 of average)?
    - Do I have to put on UCAS school reports or to send it directly somewhere for schools ? If so, how and what years ?
    - "Qualification" refers to past examinations or also the results of continuous monitoring / school reports? - Do you have an idea of ​​the newsletters expected by these universities?
    - How UCAS points are working ? And how are they calculated ?
    - Always in "education" we have to make a choice between "below honors degree qualification", "honors degree or above qualification" or "i will have no qualifications" what should I choose and especially what does it really means?
    Thank you in advance
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am currently preparing my applications for an undergraduate course : PPE (philosophy, politics and economics) and I am currently studying economics, history, social sciences, English, Spanish, Italian, literature, geography, maths and further maths, sciences and philosophy.
    - For universities like these is it good that I enter my junior school certificate (17,33/20 of average)?
    - Do I have to put on UCAS school reports or to send it directly somewhere for schools ? If so, how and what years ?
    - "Qualification" refers to past examinations or also the results of continuous monitoring / school reports? - Do you have an idea of ​​the newsletters expected by these universities?
    - Always in "education" we have to make a choice between "below honors degree qualification", "honors degree or above qualification" or "i will have no qualifications" what should I choose and especially what does it really means?
    Thank you in advance
    Have a look at my post to you a few days ago, as that explains nearly everything, but I don't know about the specific processes for adding French qualifications. Ucas points can not really be calculated for foreign students and the institutions you mentioned go off grades. If you have any more questions, I'll try my best to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the bac? If so, yes, enter that. Oxford require a minimum of 16/20. (Note: For the UK, write your score as 17.33)

No. You will need a reference though.

For France, I believe that it's just going to be the bac result(s).

Please feel free to include the French names for things, as it would be clearer to some of us.

ReputationRep:
    Junior school certificate = brevet des collèges (14-15 yo)
    I haven't took my bac yet (june 2018) I just took 4 pre-bac test (group work, french written, french oral and sciences)
    Thank you all for your answers !
    Do you have some tips for my applications ? Some things I need to be careful about to have an offer from oxford and/or lse ?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    UCAS points aren't relevant for Oxford, LSE or similar calibre universities. Just concentrate on meeting their typical entry requirements.

Have you also considered HSPS at Cambridge?

And to remind you, you will need a good standard of English when you apply - IELTS or equivalent. https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...rements?wssl=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    UCAS points aren't relevant for Oxford, LSE or similar calibre universities. Just concentrate on meeting their typical entry requirements.

Have you also considered HSPS at Cambridge?

And to remind you, you will need a good standard of English when you apply - IELTS or equivalent. https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...rements?wssl=1
    I don't want to apply to HSPS Cambridge because I prefer the program of Oxford.
    Yes I know
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to apply to HSPS Cambridge because I prefer the program of Oxford.
    Ok, no problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thank you in advance
    Salut je suis aussi frrancais si cest mieux pour toi de me le dire en francais
    je peut t'aider

Hello I am also french if it is better for you to tell me in french I can help you
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowSeeker)
    je peut t'aider
    Thanks for the offer - but please also include an English translation of anything posted in French (this is an English language forum...)

ReputationRep:
    je peut t'aider
    Bonjour !
    Tu as une idée des notes qu'il faut pour rentrer à Oxford et LSE ?

Hi !
    Do you know what results I should have to have a chance in Oxford/LSE ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thank you in advance
    en premier je suis heureux de recontrer une autre francais
    je suis desoler si mon francais nest pas bien parceque sa fait longtemps que je me suis ecrit le francais

sur Ucas ya des sectionss pour le bac point (International BAC)
    je sais que cest sur /20 les sujet non?
    le brevet nest pas considere ms faut le mentionner sur UCAS
    va sur les site de Universite pr info de les point pr offrir une place pr toi

ta commencer a ecrire le lettre de passion? (personal statement)

First I am happy to meet another french I am sorry if my French is not good because its been a long time that I wrote the french On Ucas there are sections for the bac points (International BAC) I know it's on / 20 the topics not? The GCSE (Brevet ) is not considered but must be mentioned on UCAS Go to the site of Universite for info .Have you started begin to write the (Personal statement) ?

ReputationRep:
    Oui je suis en ES car sinon certaine voie m'étaient fermées. J'étais en S en début d'année.

Oui je postule pour des PPE, et j'ai commencé mon Personal Statement.
    Dans la lettre de recommandation mon professeur doit faire une prévision de mes notes au bas. Pour Oxford/LSE tu penses qu'elle doit me prévoir combien environ (en note, la mention TB va de soi pour ces écoles...)?

Yes I am in ES because I couldn't go to some school if I had stayed in S.
    I am applying for PPE and I started my personal statement.
    In recommendation letter, my professor should predict my baccalaureate mark. For Oxford/LSE how much do you think she should predict ? (precise mark because honours mention is obvious)

ReputationRep:
    Oui je sais que c'est confidentiel mais je voulais savoir quelle note ces universités attendent pour la prévision.
    Oui
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Guys... translate your sentences... TSR policy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mais 40 sur combien ? Le bac euro est noté sur 20. À partir de 16/20 tu as les félicitations du jury.
    C'est cool !

ReputationRep:
    Mais 40 sur combien ? Le bac euro est noté sur 20. À partir de 16/20 tu as les félicitations du jury.
    C'est cool !

(Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Guys... translate your sentences... TSR policy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    really? a policy? ohh I ll try my best to translate
    I have helped him a bit
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    en premier
    attenhd ,
    Pr oxford
    perso
    Oui
    Zut alors! As already noted above - please provide English translations.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=tsr_cat
    Make sure the content you add is appropriate for all members.
    Please also avoid posting in a foreign language unless you also provide a translation (aside from in the Foreign Languages forums or the International Lounge).

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.