Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

self harm Watch

ReputationRep:
    What do guys think of self harm scars? If they're in a hidden place?

ReputationRep:
    No.u shouldn't be harming ur self in the 1st place.If anyone feels like harming themselves they should go talk to someone

I have done it several times on my left arm, just made me feel better :lol: havent done it for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionawalker)
    if they're "real" guys then why wouldn't see you differently, because they'ree a part of you know and they should love you regardless. If you ever need anyone to speak to about self-harm I'm here for you, been through it, still going through it

ReputationRep:
    You're always going to find narrow-minded people who will judge, but a kind, decent individual will only want to support you

ReputationRep:
    I think every scar has a story, and self-harm scars are no different. I have my fair share of scars and you've just got to be proud of it, since you can't really do anything about it once you've done it.

To start off - it's not worth getting sucked into self harm. If you're even thinking about doing it, get some help - it won't make you feel better in the long run. It will eat you alive. Trust me on that one.

To answer your question, I'm sure some will, yes. Some people just find scars gross.
    My guy, though, doesn't. He says he wants me - not just me now, but all of my past as well. When I broke down and admitted that I'd relapsed, because he was asking why wouldn't let him touch me and I had to explain how dirty and awful i felt, he just held me and told me he was proud of me for holding out so long.
    Some guys are great.

Assuming the scars are from a past you've left behind, they're just a thing. I'd not want to draw attention to them but that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    I mean it's obviously better if they're not there and because I tend not to deal well with people who are depressed and stuff I would probably be more withdrawn from that person, but as an individual it doesn't make them any more/less important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    I think every scar has a story, and self-harm scars are no different. I have my fair share of scars and you've just got to be proud of it, since you can't really do anything about it once you've done it.
    your proud of your self harm scars?

ReputationRep:
    Naturally I would worry if they were recent for that persons wellbeing but if they were not I don't think I'd think anything of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    your proud of your self harm scars?
    You're. And yes. Should I be ashamed?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 20, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.