Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Advice for how to meet up with online friends? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Know this girl from Instagram who lives about 3 hours from me. We have been talking for 2 or more years now I think, and we're very close, having each other's snapchats and phone numbers

We want to meet up in the summer (she is in Yr12 and I'm in Yr11) but we don't know how to meet up nor what to do when we meet up. We don't want to stay at each other's houses so I'm a bit stuck on how we could meet up, and also what activities we could do together to avoid an awkward atmosphere?

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Why not meet somewhere in the middle geographically and go and watch a film? It's a safe environment (especially if you go sometime like a Saturday afternoon) and you could both take a parent and not have them intrude? It'd give you plenty to talk about afterwards even if it is a bit awkward!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastelx)
    Know this girl from Instagram who lives about 3 hours from me. We have been talking for 2 or more years now I think, and we're very close, having each other's snapchats and phone numbers

We want to meet up in the summer (she is in Yr12 and I'm in Yr11) but we don't know how to meet up nor what to do when we meet up. We don't want to stay at each other's houses so I'm a bit stuck on how we could meet up, and also what activities we could do together to avoid an awkward atmosphere?

Any suggestions?
    Meet up halfway? Where do you both live? Could see a film or play mini golf maybe?

I've met people through here. One now is my bestfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubs051213)
    Why not meet somewhere in the middle geographically and go and watch a film? It's a safe environment (especially if you go sometime like a Saturday afternoon) and you could both take a parent and not have them intrude? It'd give you plenty to talk about afterwards even if it is a bit awkward!
    Yeah we have considered that! It's just a long drive for both families in that case and that limits the time we can really spend together. Also she hasn't really left her county or area before so I don't want to push her into things.

Movies are a good idea though! I suppose it's more accomodation that's a worry for me considering we would want to spend maximum time together without huge strain on our parents and awkward accomodation arrangements

ReputationRep:
    Also make sure it is actually a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Meet up halfway? Where do you both live? Could see a film or play mini golf maybe?

I've met people through here. One now is my bestfriend
    I live North West and she lives South West- Birmingham is pretty much half-way but neither of us have ever been there so I don't know how we would feel going around a strange new city XD

That's so great that you've met people through here! How did you two meet up, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rarest)
    Also make sure it is actually a girl.
    Yeah haha I wouldn't go without one of my parents accompanying me! I have seen photos of her via snapchat and vice versa so I do trust her, plus it has been a few years. I even helped her with a university summer school application last year!
    Nevertheless I definitely wouldn't meet her alone
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I live North West and she lives South West- Birmingham is pretty much half-way but neither of us have ever been there so I don't know how we would feel going around a strange new city XD

That's so great that you've met people through here! How did you two meet up, if you don't mind me asking?

Ah okay. Im from the South West I guess, I wouldnt either, esp as Birmingham is fairly big!

Thats fine. I didnt meet her first actually. There was a thread meet up in Oxford (which was about half way for everyone - most being spread across the South of England and London). I met my now ex girlfriend and another guy at the meet.

It turned out her and my now best friend lived quite close to each other in London and then eventually the three of us met up in London when I was at my exes house. and went from there really. The three of us also went to see Coldplay at Wembley last year too! Unfortunately my ex and her dont talk anymore (nothing to do with me or why we broke up!).

But yeah, she's the best friend Ive ever had That was about 3 years ago now

We were/are bit older though so I guess thats easier to get around!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard about things like these ending up on the news, u better watch it homeboy

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay. Im from the South West I guess, I wouldnt either, esp as Birmingham is fairly big!

Thats fine. I didnt meet her first actually. There was a thread meet up in Oxford (which was about half way for everyone - most being spread across the South of England and London). I met my now ex girlfriend and another guy at the meet.

It turned out her and my now best friend lived quite close to each other in London and then eventually the three of us met up in London when I was at my exes house. and went from there really. The three of us also went to see Coldplay at Wembley last year too! Unfortunately my ex and her dont talk anymore (nothing to do with me or why we broke up!).

But yeah, she's the best friend Ive ever had That was about 3 years ago now

We were/are bit older though so I guess thats easier to get around!
    Wow that's such an amazing story- I suppose it's a pretty small world! It's great you have met so many people online though, including your best friend, and have become so close irl as well as online!

My friend and I were planning to meet up during our university years originally but we just don't want to wait! Hopefully whenever we do we'll be able to form a friendship like that!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's such an amazing story- I suppose it's a pretty small world! It's great you have met so many people online though, including your best friend, and have become so close irl as well as online!

My friend and I were planning to meet up during our university years originally but we just don't want to wait! Hopefully whenever we do we'll be able to form a friendship like that!
    Yeah Hoping to meet another person as well but not sure yet! All through here too!

Ah okay - hopefully . Just make sure they are who they say they are. (Know youve probably heard that loads!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brumtown0121)
    I've heard about things like these ending up on the news, u better watch it homeboy
    Yep I know; as I've said, I'll definitively bring a parent

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Hoping to meet another person as well but not sure yet! All through here too!

Ah okay - hopefully . Just make sure they are who they say they are. (Know youve probably heard that loads!).
    Oo good luck with that!

Haha yep always hear that! I'll definitely keep safe and, as said, bring a parent along
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oo good luck with that!

Haha yep always hear that! I'll definitely keep safe and, as said, bring a parent along
    Cheers

ah good! Hope you do meet and it goes well!

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.