Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Just a quick question about STD's Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so i am a bit dumb when it comes to STD's and if i have one or not.

I am a virgin, so i am 90% sure i don't have one through sex. I have never gotten a blowjob either.

I don't seem to have most conditions that STD's can give you, so i am pretty sure i don't have any.

I take it i haven't been born with any STD's as well that can be passed on due to my parents never confronting me about it.

I just wanted to know if this means i shouldn't have any STD's and if that's the case, should i go and check for any STD's at a clinic, or is there no point.

This probably sounds like a stupid thread, but its best to know at least hehe
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomAnt)
    Hey, so i am a bit dumb when it comes to STD's and if i have one or not.

I am a virgin, so i am 90% sure i don't have one through sex. I have never gotten a blowjob either.

I don't seem to have most conditions that STD's can give you, so i am pretty sure i don't have any.

I take it i haven't been born with any STD's as well that can be passed on due to my parents never confronting me about it.

I just wanted to know if this means i shouldn't have any STD's and if that's the case, should i go and check for any STD's at a clinic, or is there no point.

This probably sounds like a stupid thread, but its best to know at least hehe
    Assuming your parents had none then you shouldn't have them

ReputationRep:
    Although rare, some virgins do have STDs. It is very unlikely you do have one, but there is no harm in getting yourself tested just to be on the safe side before you do become sexually active (if you choose to). I got myself tested before I first had sex just to check - I felt much better after I did and it reassured me. Remember to always use condoms unless you're sure you and the person you're sleeping with is clear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Assuming your parents had none then you shouldn't have them
    Yer, my parents haven't told me anything about them, which i would think they would have told me by now. Thanks for the reply.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.