Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Camp Counsellor 2018 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i really want to go to America next year to be a camp counsellor but i'm struggling to find which company to go through. At the minute i'm looking at Camp Leaders of CCUSA, can anybody who's been through these companies or someone who works there help me?

ReputationRep:
    I went to camp via Camp Leaders last summer, what would you like to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    I went to camp via Camp Leaders last summer, what would you like to know?
    Was just wondering how reliable they were and how hard it would be to get placed. Worried that if I'll lose all of my money if i don't get placed or get placed in a camp I don't like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonEvans123)
    Was just wondering how reliable they were and how hard it would be to get placed. Worried that if I'll lose all of my money if i don't get placed or get placed in a camp I don't like.
    I found them very reliable, especially their Twitter account. If I had any questions or was worried about anything, they'd reply really quickly and with good info. I remember my train was delayed going down to London for my visa appointment and I was panicking I'd miss mine as you're given a specific time - I contacted CL via Twitter and they were very reassuring, told me not to worry and asked what time I'd be getting there for so they could keep an eye out for me.

It's very unlikely you won't get placed if you complete all sections of your profile to a decent standard. Obviously some roles are more desired than others - pretty much all camps will need lifeguards, for example, whereas my role on camp was teaching science and robotics, which is a lot rarer.

If you're put on review by a camp, research them. Find their website and look through it to see if it fits well for you. You'll never truly experience what a camp is like before going, but you can get a pretty good idea through virtual tours etc. It's recommended that you email a camp once you're put on review with them, introducing yourself, explaining a bit about who you are and what you'd like to do - you can always ask questions if you've seen something you're not sure about or would just like more information. It shows that you've actually gone to the effort of researching the camp and makes you look good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    I found them very reliable, especially their Twitter account. If I had any questions or was worried about anything, they'd reply really quickly and with good info. I remember my train was delayed going down to London for my visa appointment and I was panicking I'd miss mine as you're given a specific time - I contacted CL via Twitter and they were very reassuring, told me not to worry and asked what time I'd be getting there for so they could keep an eye out for me.

It's very unlikely you won't get placed if you complete all sections of your profile to a decent standard. Obviously some roles are more desired than others - pretty much all camps will need lifeguards, for example, whereas my role on camp was teaching science and robotics, which is a lot rarer.

If you're put on review by a camp, research them. Find their website and look through it to see if it fits well for you. You'll never truly experience what a camp is like before going, but you can get a pretty good idea through virtual tours etc. It's recommended that you email a camp once you're put on review with them, introducing yourself, explaining a bit about who you are and what you'd like to do - you can always ask questions if you've seen something you're not sure about or would just like more information. It shows that you've actually gone to the effort of researching the camp and makes you look good.
    Thank you so much, definitely going with them now I think!! Can't wait

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.