Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Choosing between studying PPE/Economics at Oxford/Cambridge? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently in year 12 and looking to apply to unis next year. I got all A*s at gcse and currently study Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Politics and am planning to carry all of them on next year. I was originally mainly focusing on PPE but am not necessarily as interested in the philosophy part (but if I'm correct you can focus just on two after first year).
    My economics teacher is hoping for me to try for economics at cambridge (due to the maths aspect but also as this is where she studied). I'm not that interested in anything too mathsy however, and was wondering what the differences between the courses at oxford and cambridge are.
    I'm hoping to get an A* in my maths A level but don't know how good my module scores will be (I do the whole a level this year and then all of further next year)
    Was wondering if anyone could help me figure out which course/uni would be best for me and what makes them different. Also any differences in application would be helpful. Ideally I would be studying economics with politics, but obviously that isn't an option at either.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Useful TSR info on PPE at Oxford here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/PPE_at_Oxford
    And for Economics : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Economics_Degree

You also need to go to some Open Days at a variety of Unis and have a good look around - it isnt just about choosing a subject, or just about Oxford or Cambridge.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.