Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel A Level Maths & Further Maths Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have just recently started self-studying Maths. I'm just wondering: will I still be able to take the modular exams under the old spec or do I have to follow the new spec? I want to sit all the Maths (C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, M1) and Further Maths (FP1, FP2, FP3, S2, S3, M2) modules next summer in 2018.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeternum Vale)
    Hello,

I have just recently started self-studying Maths. I'm just wondering: will I still be able to take the modular exams under the old spec or do I have to follow the new spec? I want to sit all the Maths (C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, M1) and Further Maths (FP1, FP2, FP3, S2, S3, M2) modules next summer in 2018.

The last chance to do it under the old specification is summer 2018. it will be possible if you can find a centre accepting private candidates for those exams.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeternum Vale)
    Hello,

The final chance to sit them is Summer 2018. If you want to re-sit a module then you can in 2019. That's it after that I think, no more old specification.

ReputationRep:
    Im not trying to put u down or anything i just want u to make sure that u understand the magnitude of what you have to do. 12 modules to learn in about a year is quite a task as well as sitting twelve maths exams. It will be particularly difficult if you are doing any other subjects, if not then u should be fine.

I would recommend the Edexcel official textbooks they are fantastic. Also make sure u will get loads of past papers done in preparation for exams. If need be u can also do solomon papers on physics and maths tutor website.

Physics and maths tutor is very useful as it has the solution banks for all modules, so it shows u how to work out the answer in the book.

Also exam soltuions has good videos on the website going through papst papers etc.

Good luck! Any questions im sure the good folk of tsr can help u out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaanv)
    Im not trying to put u down or anything i just want u to make sure that u understand the magnitude of what you have to do. 12 modules to learn in about a year is quite a task as well as sitting twelve maths exams. It will be particularly difficult if you are doing any other subjects, if not then u should be fine.

I would recommend the Edexcel official textbooks they are fantastic. Also make sure u will get loads of past papers done in preparation for exams. If need be u can also do solomon papers on physics and maths tutor website.

Physics and maths tutor is very useful as it has the solution banks for all modules, so it shows u how to work out the answer in the book.

Also exam soltuions has good videos on the website going through papst papers etc.

Good luck! Any questions im sure the good folk of tsr can help u out!
    I will only be sitting those 12 maths modules next year, and I am already using the Edexcel text books in conjuction with Examsolutions to test my understanding of topics.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.