Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

friends baby shower Watch

so this weekend is my friends baby shower and i don't know what to do. i'm a very anxious person and won't know a single person there except her boyfriend. i haven't seen her in over 6 months so we're not very close anymore but i think she expects me to go. it's in a pub and i'm just not sure what to do as it's hard for me to push myself to do social things like this. right now i really don't want to go but i feel bad. there's over 60 people going and i don't know anyone so i know i'll just be stood on my own the whole time. she's also said it's basically going to be a massive piss up (not for her obviously) but all her friends are very much big drinkers and i'm not which again makes me feel like i'll be out of place :/ should i just not go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so this weekend is my friends baby shower and i don't know what to do. i'm a very anxious person and won't know a single person there except her boyfriend. i haven't seen her in over 6 months so we're not very close anymore but i think she expects me to go. it's in a pub and i'm just not sure what to do as it's hard for me to push myself to do social things like this. right now i really don't want to go but i feel bad. there's over 60 people going and i don't know anyone so i know i'll just be stood on my own the whole time. she's also said it's basically going to be a massive piss up (not for her obviously) but all her friends are very much big drinkers and i'm not which again makes me feel like i'll be out of place :/ should i just not go?
    Given that she is pregnant and probably feeling a bit hormonal- if you want to stay friends with this person then you should go.

Usually they have ice breaker activities, some food and a sit down and a chat.

It's about her- not you. So even if you're feeling awkward just pull yourself together and do it for your friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If she's your friend, she should know what you're like and shouldn't force you to go. There's nothing wrong with your friend having a big party with everyone else and then a couple of days later have a small get together consisting of you, her and the baby.

This person is your friend? Are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    what the **** is a baby shower and why are you going to this ****?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 21, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Should gherkins be in burgers?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.