Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I would really like to do the Sociology with Psychology course at Surrey University, but i am currently doing a BTEC in IT. I checked the university website and there are no specific subject entry requirements, but that got me thinking, how often are people allowed to do courses if they didn't do subjects relating to that course during sixth form/college?

Any help much appreciated
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DatComicalManiac)
    Hi,

So I would really like to do the Sociology with Psychology course at Surrey University, but i am currently doing a BTEC in IT. I checked the university website and there are no specific subject entry requirements, but that got me thinking, how often are people allowed to do courses if they didn't do subjects relating to that course during sixth form/college?

Any help much appreciated
    Hey DatComicalManiac,

Thanks for your message. Hmm, I haven't actually been asked this question before! As there aren't any specific subjects required for entry to the Sociology with Psychology programme I don't believe not doing either subject at college should harm your chances. The only area I think you may need to be aware of is your personal statement. It may be easier for students that have done subjects related to the degree they wish to pursue to speak in detail about why they're interested in that degree in their personal statement. However, if you've done some reading about the subject matter yourself then you should be able to explain why you're interested in that particular area Maybe have a look at the modules in the course listed on the course page here before you start writing your personal statement. You can click on the module name to find out more about what will be taught in that module, and you can then mention the modules/areas of study you're most excited to learn about in your personal statement.

I would recommend contacting the Admissions team about this as I'm sure they've gotten this question before and can probably offer you more advice than I have! You can call them on +44 (0)1483682222 or email them on [email protected]

Hope this helps! If you've got any more questions just let me know and I'll try my best to help

All the best,
    Ashley

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.