Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 year old Muslim girl abducted and murdered outside a mosque in Virginia Watch

ReputationRep:
    The dude has a Mexican name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymοοse)
    It's not about "trying to make it out to be" a hate crime, it's about the police's complete dismissal of the very thought.

You hit the nail on the head in your first sentence "unless anyone can prove"...yes exactly, until all facts have been established, all avenues should be explored including all possible motives for the crime....is that really such a big thing to ask of the police?
    Here's a tip. Stop reading junk like BuzzFeed and wait until the police release more info

You're clamouring for the police to have a default position of hate crime. They aren't prejudiced like you. Let them get the information from the investigation

ReputationRep:
    She was murdered by a 'Dreamer', ICE are investigating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    No, Islam will not be blamed unless there is evidence for Islam being the motive.
    (Original post by 0to100)
    -
    oh really? why don't you go tell the media and half of TSRians here who make ridiculous claims about Islam being a 'violent' and 'evil' religion just because some idiots who define themselves as Muslims blow themselves up and kill innocent lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    oh really? why don't you go tell the media and half of TSRians here who make ridiculous claims about Islam being a 'violent' and 'evil' religion just because some idiots who define themselves as Muslims blow themselves up and kill innocent lives.
    lol I saw one girl yesterday make a post saying she wish she could ban the religion from the UK and it's disgusting and barbaric etc.... it's sad man, I wonder if anyone of these people have actually met any muslims IRL lmao?

Honestly I actually don't feel any anger towards people who are prejudice towards others of a certain religion/ethnicity, I just pity their ignorance... :lol:

I've met countless muslims and they all seemed like... guess what.....

Spoiler:
    Show

.....ordinary people.

ReputationRep:
    Ive spent my entire adult life in the military and have been to afghan and Iraq.
    terrorists count for less than 1% of the Muslim community

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ski288)
    Ive spent my entire adult life in the military and have been to afghan and Iraq.
    Struggling to see how that was relevant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You would rather have the media hide facts about the case just because it's inconvenient to your narrative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    This is vile. I wonder how he got radicalised.
    Hi there! What's scary is that how can muslims in general feel safe? I am also a 17 year old muslim girl and to hear of this story is making me shiver! May god spread peace and blessings upon her family!
    • Very Important Poster

If you are going to use a figure, then people are going to ask where it came from.

1% is still 18,000,000.

Not sure what your post has to do with this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    No, Islam will not be blamed unless there is evidence for Islam being the motive.
    But there is clear evidence of Islam being the motive when these these "idiots" blow themselves up, e.g. they are known to pray regularly, fast, and attend masjid sermons, and upon committing their acts, shout "Allahu akbar".

Calling them "some idiots who call themselves Muslims" is disingenuous and looks like an appeal to purity aka, the No True Scotsman fallacy. They are Muslims.

Just because you don't like the version of Islam they subscribe to doesn't mean they are not Muslims.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspire.1a)
    Hi there! What's scary is that how can muslims in general feel safe? I am also a 17 year old muslim girl and to hear of this story is making me shiver! May god spread peace and blessings upon her family!
    What do you mean by "how can Muslims in general feel safe"?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LGBTvoice)
    What do you mean by "how can Muslims in general feel safe"?!
    I mean how can muslims feel safe if there are islamaphobic attacks happening?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I mean how can muslims feel safe if there are islamaphobic attacks happening?
    I don't think this is a sensible point to make. How can anyone feel safe if radical islam terrorist attacks are happening. I am openly gay, how can I feel say from homophobes when I go out. We just have to get on with this and accept that it's only a minority like this. Don't ever let this sort of thing worry you because then you're letting them win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poetic_Innocence)
    But there is clear evidence of Islam being the motive when these these "idiots" blow themselves up, e.g. they are known to pray regularly, fast, and attend masjid sermons, and upon committing their acts, shout "Allahu akbar".

Calling them "some idiots who call themselves Muslims" is disingenuous and looks like an appeal to purity aka, the No True Scotsman fallacy. They are Muslims.

Just because you don't like the version of Islam they subscribe to doesn't mean they are not Muslims.
    Your very ignorant. They are muslims? R u serious? What do u say to the man who rammed his car into the muslims outside the Finsbury Park Mosque?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    I've met countless muslims and they all seemed like... guess what.....

Spoiler:
    Show

.....ordinary people.

Some have gains though.... yeahhhh....... they been blessed by Allah, AKA LAWD GAINZ

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous claims? Yeah never mind that 30% of American Muslims believe it's fine to use violence on those who insult Islam, and over 50% want to be governed by Sharia Law which is pretty brutal.

So there's 16 million Muslim terrorists? Yeah man that's fine.

What's scary is that how can muslims in general feel safe? I am also a 17 year old muslim girl and to hear of this story is making me shiver!
    Excuse me ma'am, but when there's an attack every few weeks for the past few years by a Muslim against non-Muslims, and only 1 attack on Muslims, I'm not sure y'all have too much reason to be afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Your very ignorant. They are muslims? R u serious? What do u say to the man who rammed his car into the muslims outside the Finsbury Park Mosque?
    My post: people who profess belief in Islam, and act like Muslims are Muslims.

You: what about the man who rammed his car into Muslims outside Finsbury Park?

What relevance has he got to do with my post? And how am I ignorant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poetic_Innocence)

And there's your answer.

I defend Muslims when I see fit, despite the fact they often attack me for leaving the religion. So you can miss me with this bull.

ReputationRep:
    You're very ignorant
    You're welcome

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.