Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    My group of friends includes: 4 girls and 2 guys. Two of the girls are gf's to the guys. My questions is, is it rude if the two girls (the gf's) and the guys who have mainly organised a trip to a theme park, but i don't want to go.
    The reason being is that i don't really feel that included within the group anyway, also i wasn't really in on the decision making of the trip (although i ever plan any trips as it is). That being said, i really like the girls in our group and i want to be friends with them, but i just don't want to go to the theme park as it is so far away and id rather just spend time with my family. Am i being lazy, I'm confused whether to go or not as right now in just not up for it but i don't know if it will be rude (as there will be odd numbers otherwise).

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    it is a choice, you have to make the choice, no it is not rude, it is what you want to do and what you are comfortable with, so just make the right choice, moreover you are not that close to them and you prefer to spend your time with your family. And for me personally, i may feel like a third wheel. Do what will make you happy.

ReputationRep:
    You are not being rude at all. If you want to go, you go. If you don't, then don't.
    Mix with your friends, but you should also stand your ground- you are independant and not a follower who will go just to 'fit in'.

Your friends, if they are friends, will understand your decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous15)
    My group of friends includes: 4 girls and 2 guys. Two of the girls are gf's to the guys. My questions is, is it rude if the two girls (the gf's) and the guys who have mainly organised a trip to a theme park, but i don't want to go.
    The reason being is that i don't really feel that included within the group anyway, also i wasn't really in on the decision making of the trip (although i ever plan any trips as it is). That being said, i really like the girls in our group and i want to be friends with them, but i just don't want to go to the theme park as it is so far away and id rather just spend time with my family. Am i being lazy, I'm confused whether to go or not as right now in just not up for it but i don't know if it will be rude (as there will be odd numbers otherwise).

Thank you.
    Hi

It's not rude, if you didn't plan or agree to go before the arrangements were made. So, don't feel bad and just say you are spending time with your family. You don't sound too happy with your friendship group, maybe time to look for new friends?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Do what you a more comfortable with. It won't affect your relationship with them because if they are your true friends, they will understand and will excuse you. Don't feel like you have to go because no one is forcing you to go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.