Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what muslims do on lailat al miraj. Are there celebrations or festivities or special prayers? what about particular customs?

MB

ReputationRep:
    I'm muslim and i have'nt a cluewhat your on about, give me some more info and maybe I'll know what your on about, hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    what about particular customs?

MB
    yeah we paint our selves green,and our faces white,we set fire and dance around it, *LOL*actully I dont do anything on lilat al miraj,We only have holiday wooooooooooohoooooo,no school,but there is no special prayer or something like that,anybody who tells you so is fabricating something

I was kidding about the painting and the fire and the dancing thingie
    And the holiday is not a must,it's just from the lovley ministry of education here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I was kidding about the painting and the fire and the dancing thingie
    Damn you! I was just about to convert!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Damn you! I was just about to convert!
    HEHEHE

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what muslims do on lailat al miraj. Are there celebrations or festivities or special prayers? what about particular customs?

MB
    most people spend the whole night praying cos i think it's wen the quran was first revealed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    most people spend the whole night praying cos i think it's wen the quran was first revealed
    Noway,quran wasn't first revealed in miraj night,*LOL*it was at a very different time and the quran was relvealed before miraj night for your info

ReputationRep:
    The quran was revealed way before that. It's the night god got made prayers wajib,obligatory. If it's an essay just say they read quran and pray (I guess some do)

ReputationRep:

MB
    There are no particular festivities or customs in general, however Muslims tend to read and reflect upon the story of the prophet's (pbuh) ascension to God where the duty of the daily prayer (of which there are five) was revealed to him. He is also believed to have met his predecessors including Jesus, Moses and Abraham (pbut). The journey itself is known as Al-Miraj (the night journey). The story is usually discussed in a mosque although there is no obligation to do so.

Some countries have a public holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness)
    There are no particular festivities or customs in general, however Muslims tend to read and reflect upon the story of the prophet's (pbuh) ascension to God where the duty of the daily prayer (of which there are five) was revealed to him. He is also believed to have met his predecessors including Jesus, Moses and Abraham (pbut). The journey itself is known as Al-Miraj (the night journey). The story is usually discussed in a mosque although there is no obligation to do so.

Some countries have a public holiday.

Thanks for the info everyone.

MB

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.